Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Containers
TOPIC: Containers
PM njt236
Standard User
Containers
njt236
19th Jul 2015 02:31:43

There are these.

http://www.tigerstat.co.uk/dynamic/viewitem.php?item=300806

or these

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/a/pb/Office-Depot-Coloured-Box-Files-Slimline-Green/pr=Q2H&id=4881789/?XREF1=IAUK703999TD001&XREF2=DLM&cm_mmc=TDUK-_-DLM-_-16565132-_-NULL&asource=TD&_%24ja=tsid:11241|prd:1736887&tduid=c5c2c3fc3b0545bc4843cff5ff70d7a6&utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=affiliate

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Containers
Extra Crispy
19th Jul 2015 03:03:41

I base all of my troops on steel so I can use magnet lined boxes for storage and transport. The boxes I use (and sell) measure 12x18" and come in a variety of depths. A 3" deep box will hold a LOT of troops in 2 layers.

To make the second layer I glue down 1" or 1.5" wood blocks. I then use an old plastic real estate sign or piece of foam core cut to size (with "cut-outs" to make it easier to lift out of the box).

Using 60x30 bases each layer will hold 7 columns of 9 rows or 63 stands. Each box therefore holds 126 stands or equivalent.

Boxes

Here is a picture of part of my microarmor collection using this storage method (I can get 3 layers in these boxes):

Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Standard User
Containers
Extra Crispy
19th Jul 2015 03:04:52

P.S. I then print nice labels for the front and side of each box. This makes it easy to find what I am looking for and when all stacked, they look nice. I don't have a basement so looks matter....

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Standard User
Containers
Extra Crispy
20th Jul 2015 11:17:01

And here is a picture of some of those (there are some new ones below in need of pretty labels):

Minis Storage Boxes

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

PM ithoriel
Standard User
Containers
ithoriel
21st Jul 2015 12:01:20

I use Really Useful Boxes picked up from my local W H Smith or online.

Pricey but light, robust and see-through - so you can identify the contents by eye, no need for labels.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk

I use the 9 litre boxes with 4 of their Hobby Trays inside. Compartments are just over 60mm square so ideal for units based for Polemos!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

PM HestonFan
Standard User
Containers
HestonFan
23rd Jul 2015 05:45:09

Check out my blog entry on what I use to store my miniatures.  

http://nerdwargamer.blogspot.com/2015/05/somebody-stole-it-raced-it-and-brought.html

I would post the pictures but they never seem to show up.  You have to scroll down a bit to see the holders.  They work very well and are cost almost no money to make.  All you need is some card board, foam, hot glue and a cutting tool.  I find that those whites boxes people store baseball or magic cards in are perfect for storing 6mm armies.  I used to carry an Epic army around in my book bag using this method.

Www.Nerdwargamer.blogspot.com                                                                             Games played = Piquet, DbA and DbMM 6mm, Irregular Wars

Standard User
Containers
Extra Crispy
23rd Jul 2015 08:53:30

Here's how. On your blog click the picture. Right click and select "Copy Image URL." Then come here and select the "Image" icon (third icon from the left above the text box) and then, in the URL box hit Control V to paste the image URL. Check the size - set the width to 480 or the thing will be too wide for most computer screens, then clock don. And the result is this:

Box Picture

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

PM Captain Darling
Standard User
Containers
Captain Darling
23rd Jul 2015 11:01:35

I use these:

I am slowly adding magnetic bases to all my 6mm figures and lining each tray with the fridge magnet stuff (sheets of that are cheap)...

One set of trays holds my entire 3,500 ACW minis (60x30 & 30x30 basing).

"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

[url]http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au[/url]
[url]https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com[/url]

PM njt236
Standard User
Containers
njt236
24th Jul 2015 12:07:54

Hello Darling.

Where do you get those trays from???

Nigel

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
Containers
I am a spambot
24th Jul 2015 06:52:14

For my Napoleonic armies (which us 60mm wide bases) single-layer cardboard chocolate boxes do.  They can be bought for 2-3 Bulgarian leva, depending upon how good the chocolates are.  Mind you, it is bit of a chore eating all the chocolates!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by bushs
18th Apr 2024

The Army of Northern Virginia by ironass
17th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by DuncanWB
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by Whirlwind
15th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
15th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS