Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
1... 45
> General > General > WWII release.
TOPIC: WWII release.
PM Pavel Staravoitau
Standard User
WWII release.
Pavel Staravoitau
5th Aug 2016 08:32:35

Would the Soviet range include the Red Cavalry and the Soviet Cossacks?

PM peter
Administrator
WWII release.
peter
9th Aug 2016 07:38:32

'How are the American WW2 BAR/MMG teams coming along?'

There is actually a BAR on on the advancing infantry strip, but as it did not come out distinctly we are going to sub a .30 cal for the US lmg.    Both this and .50 cal are going into the next pattern mould and I'd hope should be out next month.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM peter
Administrator
WWII release.
peter
9th Aug 2016 07:40:21

Would the Soviet range include the Red Cavalry and the Soviet Cossacks?

I'm sorry, but I can't say at this point as we have yet to plan out the East front ranges in any sort of detail.    Off the top of my head, I can't think of a reason for not including them given the numbers involved.

PM njt236
Standard User
WWII release.
njt236
9th Dec 2016 05:39:04

Hello Peter.

When can we expect the next tranche of WWII releases please and any idea what they might be. eg US Paras, Fallschirmjagers. And any winter clothed figures in the pipeline???. Waiting for these in particular.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM peter
Administrator
WWII release.
peter
11th Dec 2016 09:25:19

The next lot of releases will be Fallshcirmjagers, and we're looking at January/February.   That will mark the end of this phase as we concentrate on getting vehicles and artillery out.   Yes, someone will always want more, but I think that getting six sets of figures out in under a year isn't too shabby for just one period, and the sculptor is needed elsewhere for some work earlier on the 20th century.

PM njt236
Standard User
WWII release.
njt236
12th Dec 2016 03:12:50

Vehicles. Yes please.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Captain Darling
Standard User
WWII release.
Captain Darling
17th Jan 2017 11:05:13

Hey All!

Has anyone got GHQ WW II miniatures and compared them to these Baccus ones? How do they compare size wize when side by side? Would you say they are compatible?

I havean all GHQ WW II army but am tempted to get some Baccus figures if they would mix in okay...

I see MainForce, Irregular and H&R ranges mentioned in previous threads but nothing of GHQ.

THANX!

"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

Quote from Blackadder Series IV Episode 4

[url]http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au[/url]
[url]https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com[/url]

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
WWII release.
Whirlwind
29th Jan 2017 08:53:30

Hello Capt Darling,

Yes I have some and yes I would say that they were compatible at normal table ranges. This AAR features a mixture of British and German WW2 figures from Baccus (the majority), Adler and GHQ.

PM njt236
Standard User
WWII release.
njt236
14th Feb 2017 05:26:53

Will the fallschirmjagers be "dropping" in any time soon?.

G S Patton

PM peter
Administrator
WWII release.
peter
16th Feb 2017 09:28:36

They will indeed.  Just a couple of moulds to make, figures to paint and base and photographs to take.  

Give me a couple of weeks.  I am aiming for 'official' release at Hammerhead on March 4th.

1... 45

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay
26th Mar 2024