Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Ottoman Turks
TOPIC: Ottoman Turks
PM adam west
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
adam west
24th Feb 2016 02:14:27

I can imagine everybody is busy with WW2, but will there be any cavalry reinforcements for the Ottoman range?

PM rsjahn
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
rsjahn
24th Feb 2016 03:34:51

I am absolutely supporting that question...

Cheers, Ralf

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
pushing.tin
25th Feb 2016 02:54:51

I seem to remember there was some talk of this after the last release in the Ottoman range, but nothing ever transpired, are they stuck riding through development hell somewhere?

PM peter
Administrator
Ottoman Turks
peter
29th Feb 2016 12:38:41

The cavalry are currently eagerly awaited by me as well as you lot!   Mike (the sculptor) is not one of the regular team, and works as a 'volunteer' rather than a commissioned freelance.   Unfortunately, both family commitments and a very heavy professional workload have crimped his sculpting time of late, so no new releases.

What I am planning to do as a stopgap is to put some proxy codes into the Ottoman list.  For example the Pancerni and wingless hussars from the GNW Polish range make very nice Spahi cavalry.  If anyone has similar suggestions for proxies please add them to the collection!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Davey1644
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
Davey1644
29th Feb 2016 07:34:57

Hi, I am also waiting, but just to let you know, I've assembled an 18th century Ottoman army, I've used the Infantry thats already available, and various cavalry from the Crusader range also Cossacks and Tartars etc. I'm going to order some Polish as Peter has suggested, as well as some ACW Zouves to extend the army into the Napoleonic period. It's time consuming trawling through the whole catalogue, but I have to say it's very satisfying when you come across figures you may not have thought suitable. Now Peter when you doing Afghans and Moghuls? Lol. Problem is now I quite fancy doing 18th Century Poles! Damn you Peter!

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
pushing.tin
29th Feb 2016 09:00:53

Some of the Mahdist range might be useful.

I'm still hopeful for some camel gunners at some point

PM peter
Administrator
Ottoman Turks
peter
1st Mar 2016 01:36:19

I've just added GNP5. GNP6 and CMA3 to the Turkish page.  If any of you have any more specific suggestions for inclusion, please let me know.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Rittmeister_Krefeld
Standard User
Ottoman Turks
Rittmeister_Krefeld
30th Jun 2016 01:30:56

Apart from those already mentioned, what about some of the Crusader Saracens? Lots of variety, heavy and lights, Beduins, armoured and unarmoured horses etc.  I think they would be a perfect stand in for ottoman Cavalry... Especially if you are fielding them against the Poles on the other side :)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by peter
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by bushs
18th Apr 2024

The Army of Northern Virginia by ironass
17th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by DuncanWB
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by Whirlwind
15th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS