Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > The plans for 2017 are now public
TOPIC: The plans for 2017 are now public
PM peter
Administrator
The plans for 2017 are now public
peter
3rd Jan 2017 09:03:19

Anyone overjoyed?  Anyone wanting to lead a torch and pitchfork mob on Schloss Baccus?

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM roughneck2
Standard User
roughneck2
4th Jan 2017 03:26:40

Hi Peter

Well I for one am totally stoked that there may be some WW1 Middle East/Mesopotamia minis on the horizon. I purchased the Too Fat Lardies WWI Middle East rules 'If the Lord Spares Us' (which are ideal for 6mm) some time ago quietly hoping that the good folk at Baccus might put out a suitable range. If I could unashamedly put a plug in for some ANZAC's to be included that would be awesome - Australian and New Zealand infantry along with the New Zealand Mounted Rifles (mounted and dismounted) and of course the Australian Light Horse   - and if your sculptors are feeling particulalry adventurous the Aussies have the slouch hat whilst the Kiwis wear the 'lemon squeezer' style. While I'm on a roll I'll also throw a shout out for some Senussi Arabs for the often overlooked Senussi campaign. Bit of a wish-list I know but you know what they say, if you don't ask.....

Seriously though, really looking forward to what 2017 might hold for us, especially with respect to the WW1 and WW2 ranges. The torch and pitchfork can go back in the cupboard for now.     

regards

Roger 

PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
Baron Clenawly
4th Jan 2017 12:46:34

YES!... WW1 'Mespot'. Visited both Gallipoli and Sulva Bay about 3 years ago now. Know what my next project is going to be.

It looks like a good mix of new ranges plus resculpting some of the older range of figures. Nice period range too, with the 2017 plans alone covering figures for conflicts from the 17th to 20th centuries.

'Great, Super, Smashing'

Could i also recommend Joy of Six. Went last year and enjoyed it. Liked the number of Participation games and the Seminars.

PM Stenbock
Standard User
Stenbock
4th Jan 2017 01:01:45

It has become essential reading as part of starting up a new year for me. It all sounds good. See you at Salute and Joy of Six. / Per

Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
4th Jan 2017 06:02:17

Tanks, tanks and more tanks. Now 3rd Army can get on the move. WWI additions sound good. el Lawrence might be making an appearance in Arabia me thinks

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
4th Jan 2017 07:43:46

I'll be overjoyed when the ECW resculpts come out.  Very much looking forward to the Polemos America ruleset and the WW2 vehicles too.

PM ed77tommy
Standard User
ed77tommy
5th Jan 2017 12:54:09

I am very excited about the FIW/AWI​ rules set and the ECW resulpts! I have been waiting on the ECW resculpts before I purchase any. Questions: are you planning on putting up examples of Prussian, French and "Rebel" (both Continental and Militia) Uniforms for AWI on the "Painting Guide" section? Or Uniforms for the Seven Years War, aka FIW in the US? No pressure, just curious!

PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
6mmwargaming
5th Jan 2017 08:13:45

Great news about WW1 and 2 especially Mesapotamia. Any plans to add more Ancients or Classical armies?

PM shawnt63
Standard User
shawnt63
6th Jan 2017 03:39:55

Fantastic news for the WWI Mesopotamia front. I think this will be the catalyst to drive me towards working on that  next for a scenario book for Great War Spearhead! Going to be a good year I think - thanks Peter!

Shawn

PM oldsmokie
Standard User
oldsmokie
7th Jan 2017 07:29:41

looking forward to the ECW, are we going to see the British Napoleonic artillery in Belgic shako this year ?

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by dourpuritan
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by njt236
22nd Apr 2024

Renaissance Turks? by Rittmeister_Krefeld
22nd Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS