Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > New ECW?
TOPIC: New ECW?
PM Markyboy
Standard User
New ECW?
Markyboy
12th Feb 2017 06:43:39

Hi all, any news on progress with the new ECW sculpts? I'd be keen to know if they're intended to be in addition to the original range or as a replacement for it. Cheers in anticipation of a bit of feedback.

PM BPGreenman
Standard User
New ECW?
BPGreenman
12th Feb 2017 08:41:38

+1

I am also dying for this release!

PM peter
Administrator
New ECW?
peter
13th Feb 2017 12:36:33

We're working hard on getting some of the new foot figures out.   The problem is that it's going to be a big range and it's taking a lot of work and lot mould making! 

I'd expect to have some codes out in March.

These will be entirely new sculpts and will completely replace the existing codes.   It will also be going under a new title as the figures will also cover the Thirty Years War.

So, say goodbye to English Civil War (ECW) and say hello to Wars of the European Crisis (WEC)!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Markyboy
Standard User
New ECW?
Markyboy
13th Feb 2017 03:44:04

Thanks Peter that was very helpful. Must be difficult trying to keep everyone happy!

PM peter
Administrator
New ECW?
peter
14th Feb 2017 10:12:23

Mollinary, a Crisis is whatever you make of it...

Markyboy, I long gave up trying to make everyone happy.   It is a given fact that no matter how comprehensive a range I do for any subject there will always be someone wanting something extra, and wanting it NOW!  

That's what makes my job so 'interesting'...:)

PM barcah2001
Standard User
New ECW?
barcah2001
14th Mar 2017 01:10:15

Excited about ths as I just started my collection with an eye on the TYW. I assume there with be a Polemos

TYW supplement like the 1866 supplement to the FPW rules (please)? Any chance of getting a sense of the new troop types to help with planning?

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
New ECW?
chopperboydan
14th Mar 2017 09:43:01

looking forward to seeing the completed range,............and as for pleasing everyone, how are those Natal pioneers coming along Peter for the siege of Eshowe? :)

USUTHU!

PM peter
Administrator
New ECW?
peter
14th Mar 2017 11:13:09

Sadly there is not a TYW edition in the works.   I have had three people all start with having a go and for some reason all dropped out.  It seems to be jinxed set.   I am not keen on doing them myself as I admit to limited knowledge and I think it needs someone from mainland Europe to write them.  Someone with better access to sources and understanding of the conflict.    I may have a go at an interim supplement as you suggest, but only as  a stopgap and only if I can work out what Gustavus was thinking of when he came up with the Swedish Brigade formation.

PM BPGreenman
Standard User
New ECW?
BPGreenman
20th Mar 2017 12:48:31

Hey Peter,

Please take this for the excitement it is, not the pestering it may seem like... 😁

But what are the chances some of the WEC goodies will be out at Salute?! 

I'm starting to build my wish/shopping list for that day...!!

PM peter
Administrator
New ECW?
peter
20th Mar 2017 10:25:34

Working hard to get something out for Salute.   We 'should' have something, but no promises yet.   Keep your eyes on the News page.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay
26th Mar 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS