Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Sorry and all that, but...
TOPIC: Sorry and all that, but...
PM peter
Administrator
Sorry and all that, but...
peter
20th Mar 2017 11:39:20

Life is full of inevitabilities.  It is a real buggar like that.  One of them is that every so often, we have to increase the price of our wee men.  Sadly, we’ve come to one of those moments. 

In a completely vain attempt to soften the blow, we’re letting you know in advance so that you can stock up ahead of the time if you so wish.

The fatal date for the price shift will be Monday 24th April.   The perceptive amongst you will have noticed that this is the Monday AFTER Salute, so you will still be able to get your retail therapy at Excel at current prices.

We are working hard to get some new goodies available at the show.    One range that will definitely be released there will be our new Great War Turks.  Keep looking at the News Page for more updates.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
20th Mar 2017 12:04:22

what is "wee men"? does this price change affect all of your figs?

PM peter
Administrator
peter
20th Mar 2017 12:42:19

'Wee men', in translation, is 'little men'.    Yes, it will be an across the board price increase I'm afraid.

PM Froggy
Standard User
Froggy
20th Mar 2017 12:59:17

"Wee" means "small" and is most often used in the UK by people of Scottish origin (and to a lesser extent, Irish). It is an affectionate (friendly) word, often used to describe little children ( "look at our wee girl, she will be walking soon") or small animals or 6mm metal figures.

Peter, are you able to give an indication of what the price rise might be, perhaps in percentage terms? Mainly for us with wee budgets. However, I'm sure they will remain excellent value for money.

PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
20th Mar 2017 01:00:58

aw damn:(. how much are we talking about here? a couple of more pounds, like 8-10 pounds per pack, or a huge price change? 

PM jozistinman
Standard User
jozistinman
20th Mar 2017 01:07:21

Going to get an order in...  but I would rather you raise your prices so your business is healthy and I have your winderful miniatures availible, than save a couple of bucks.

Thank you!

PM Froggy
Standard User
Froggy
20th Mar 2017 01:36:21

Totally agree with you jozistinman and I feel for company owners like Peter when they need to raise prices to keep the business healthy. In what little experience I have, you have a choice between "regular" small rises, or having to bump the prices significantly after five years of no rises.

On one hand customers (or club members) complain the prices go up every year. On the other hand they can get very agitated when the first rise in five years is (say) 30% and five years of being kind to their pockets count for nothing. Last time I ever volunteer for anything... until the next time.

PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
20th Mar 2017 02:00:47

for people with low wages it stings pretty well, sure, a couple of pounds is totaly ok i think, like a raise up from 6 pounds to 10 or something, totaly acceptable, but if were talking about a raise up to 20 or 30 pounds per pack, thats way to much, maybe not for the rich ones, but for us who has low wages.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
20th Mar 2017 02:37:04

We're looking at rises between 8% and 10%.    I could go into a long explanation as to what has brought this on, but in a nutshell, the bright idea of initiating Brexit has caused the UK£ to plummet in value and as all our raw materials including our moulds are priced in US$ it doesn't take a lot to see why our costs have risen dramatically recently.

I am going to try and keep the rises to a minimum on army packs and higher ticket items.

PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
20th Mar 2017 02:51:09

8-10% dosent seem so bad, still cheap and still under 10 pounds per pack:)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS