Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > CS
TOPIC: CS
PM mangemani
Standard User
CS
mangemani
3rd Apr 2017 09:56:13

time for another order and this time i want to start to work on my CS army.

ive been looking at the pics of baccus ACW figs but im not sure, so i must ask.

which pack is suitable för the CS troops? i know that the officer strips in the sack coat pack comes with 2 flagpoles, but as far as i know the CS troops only had 1 and didnt the CS troops also wore a uniform different from the union troops, like shell jackets or something? which packs do you use for the CS troops and how do you deal with the second flag pole?

PM mangemani
Standard User
CS
mangemani
3rd Apr 2017 11:24:04

oh, nwm this post. i scrolled down and took a look at the army booster packs and noticed that the ACW7 was included in that CS booster pack, so now i know.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
CS
dourpuritan
4th Apr 2017 08:21:49

IIRC the shell jacket troops have only one pole on the command strip. Some CS troops carried state flags early in the war and most units carried the stars and bars. From the end of 1861 the Army of Northern Virginia began to adopt the square battleflag, initially with an orange border, but from the end of 1862 with a white border. As flag issues tended to be by division there would inevitably be an overlap in 1863. The western armies, such as the Army of Tennessee, had different flags by army corps, such as Hardee's corps with the blue white bordered flag with a white disc in the centre. From early 1864 this particular army adopted the battleflag, although it had no border and was bigger and oblong in shape compared to the ANV battleflag. However Cleburne's division rertained the Hardee flag.

A little goes a long way

PM mangemani
Standard User
CS
mangemani
4th Apr 2017 09:42:29

instead of making a new thread just for this question, i use this thread.

regarding the ACW cannons, is it possible to fit 2 cannons w crew on a 30 x 30 squared baseplate? i have never ordered 6mm cannons or those baseplates before, so im rather curious if it looks to cramped up or if its totaly ok.

PM Dave
Standard User
CS
Dave
5th Apr 2017 01:05:27

I don't have experience with the ACW cannon, but the artillery from other periods would be very crowded if you tried to fit two guns on a 30mm square base. One cannon and four crew fill a 30x30 base quite well.  This is the standard basing in the catalog photos.

PM bushs
Standard User
CS
bushs
5th Apr 2017 04:40:35

Hi Dave,

You can fit 2 guns with <4 crew each on a 30x30 base. See photo on link attached below, scroll down to the 'Austrians' post dated Wednesday, 12 December 2007 (Looks like Steve has used gun 6 crew on his 30x30 base in his photo)

http://paintingshed.blogspot.com.au/search/label/6mm%20naps?updated-max=2008-01-09T20:01:00Z&max-results=20&start=128&by-date=false

Regards,

Steve

PM mangemani
Standard User
CS
mangemani
5th Apr 2017 10:36:23

i looked at the pictures in the link, and yes, it might work. yes it looks a little bit to close to eachother, but not that close. i like the look of it and might do it:). thanks for the info guys:)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS