> Forums
> General > General > If your order has not arrived yet...
TOPIC: If your order has not arrived yet...
PM peter
Administrator
If your order has not arrived yet...
peter
1st May 2017 12:34:25

1st May 2017

‘DON’T PANIC!’  -  Very wise words whether coming from Lance Corporal Jones of the Walmington on Sea Home Guard, or the sensible and reassuring tones of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Why am I issuing this reassurance?     A few weeks ago I let you know what we would be increasing our prices.   Very sensibly, some of you decided to get orders on ahead of that deadline.   Some of you decided, very wisely, to stock up on unpainted metal.   Well…I say ‘some of you’.   What I actually meant was quite a lot of you.  Loads, hordes, multitudes of you had the same idea.   We ended up with a flood of orders of Biblical proportions.   Not that we are complaining mind you, but it has created a far larger backlog of orders that we or you lot are comfortable with.  

Now we are working night and day and as hard and as fast as we can to turn this around.   The situation has not been helped by the Easter holidays or the rubber sheet of time and space distorting phenomenon that is Salute, but longer than usual waits for the little packages of joy to land on your welcome mat are going to continue for the next 3-4 weeks.

When you place your order you get an automated confirmation and when we send it on its way, you get an automated notification.   If you have not had the latter, DON’T PANIC!   Your order is sitting in the casting queue working its way to the front.   If you haven’t heard anything from us in between, then we are not ignoring or snubbing you, we are simply spending our time at a casting machine making little men.

I am really sorry that we are taking the time to get to you and we are working flat out to resolve this and get back to what is erroneously described as ‘normal’ around Baccus towers.   Please bear with us and we will get your wee men on their way to you.

- The Overlord
PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
1st May 2017 01:22:19

i have full understanding that it will take a bit longer to recive the orders now cause of the pre-orders. even thou i have been waiting a month now, i still understand and im not panicing, i still have plenty of yanks to paint, so im good while waiting:)

PM jozistinman
Standard User
jozistinman
1st May 2017 01:31:29

I am not running out of stuff to paint any time soon...

Worth the wait and thanks for the broadcast, Peter.  You have always been great about setting folks expectations.

PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
31st May 2017 01:41:58

i thought that 800 figs would last at least untill my next order arrived(over a month ago), but these wee men are so easy to paint and all 800 just *poof, gone*, i have 2 regiments left to paint but that it, so for me, its time to panic, or start climbing the walls:P

i have a question about the summer, will it be a delay? you know, summer vacations and all that?

PM Markyboy
Standard User
Markyboy
31st May 2017 05:58:15

Yeah some idea about where the company is with the lead mountain backlog would be useful. Is progress being made? 

PM peter
Administrator
peter
1st Jun 2017 11:44:28

Fair enough request!    We are currently working through orders from week beginning 7th May.   However, we are over the big 'hump' in terms of pre-price increase orders which means that the pace of processing orders is picking up nicely and we will see the catching up process accelerating over the next couple of weeks.  I'd hope to be back on top on things by the end of ths month if not sooner.

As for holidays, it's not Summer that's been the problem.   The UK shoots itself in the foot in terms of production in late Spring with a extended Easter holidays and two bank holidays in May.   These are statutory holidays and so we effectively lose a week of work.  

- The Overlord
PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
1st Jun 2017 11:57:37

sounds good:). so orders that was placed like a month ago will be shipped any day now:)?

PM peter
Administrator
peter
1st Jun 2017 12:13:47

Yes indeed!

- The Overlord
PM mangemani
Standard User
mangemani
1st Jun 2017 01:12:40

jolly good(or whatever you english use to say:P). thanks for taking the time answering:)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

WW1 Ottoman Army by monk2002uk
15th Dec 2017

What other rule sets do people most commonly use? by gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
15th Dec 2017

Peloponnesian War in DBA by ironass
13th Dec 2017

Whatever happened to the SYW? by Fireymonkeyboy
11th Dec 2017

Ottoman Turks 18C by Harlequin
11th Dec 2017

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

SSF13    - Hessian FootSSF13
Hessian Foot

ECWBOX - ECW Boxed SetECWBOX