> Forums
> General > General > Boom Boom Boom.
TOPIC: Boom Boom Boom.
PM njt236
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
njt236
11th May 2017 01:26:35

I know I've asked this before but can't for the life of me find the answer anywhere. And that is, what figures make up the WWI command strips. Are there 2 Officers and 2 NCO's? Why I ask is that will 1 command strip give me 1 Off 1 NCO for 2 bases. Or is there a third figure, namely Baldrick. In which case I'll need 1 command strip per base.

Can anyone suggest a good colour for the BEF uniform as well please

Now to continue Baldrick's poem 

Boom boom boom. Boom boom boom, Boom boom boom.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Mollinary
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
Mollinary
11th May 2017 01:29:49

Actually, it is: Boom boom, boom boom, boom boom boom! 😀😀😀

Mollinary

PM njt236
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
njt236
11th May 2017 01:35:13

Actually. Boom boom boom boom

Boom boom boom

Boom boom

Boom boom

Boom boom boom

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
njt236
12th May 2017 04:24:52

Anyone yet have any idea for uniform colour of the BEF that went out in 1914 please?

Nigel

G S Patton

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
pushing.tin
12th May 2017 08:24:21

I use British Uniform Brown Primer spray from Warlord Games, unfortunately it is no longer available...but I also use Coat d'Arms British Khaki

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
pushing.tin
12th May 2017 08:28:24

and I don't have them in front of me, but yes I believe it is 2 officers and 2 ncos

PM njt236
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
njt236
13th May 2017 02:44:12

Thanks for that

G S Patton

PM peter
Administrator
Boom Boom Boom.
peter
15th May 2017 09:36:02

Great War command strips all have two officers, and NCO and a bugler.

- The Overlord
PM peter
Administrator
Boom Boom Boom.
peter
15th May 2017 09:36:29

Oh, and you missed a 'Boom' there.   

- The Overlord
PM njt236
Standard User
Boom Boom Boom.
njt236
15th May 2017 04:04:31

Thanks Peter. I was hoping for 2 Off, 2 NCO that way I could make up 2 bases each with 1 Off 1 NCO from the one command strip. Will have to rethink it through now. But thanks for clarifying it

Have found a Vallejo equivelent to Coat d'Arms British Khaki. Vallejo Game Colour Heavy Khaki so will try them both out. Both are in the post

Nigel  

G S Patton

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Whatever happened to the SYW? by Fireymonkeyboy
11th Dec 2017

Ottoman Turks 18C by Harlequin
11th Dec 2017

Little Big Horn by ironass
11th Dec 2017

Not Being Able To Order by peter
11th Dec 2017

Banzai Age of the Country at War! 3rd Edition by peter
11th Dec 2017