Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > times changing?
TOPIC: times changing?
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
times changing?
ironass
16th Nov 2017 07:41:17

I fear the answer is no. And I think the problem is the number of 28 mm manufacturers in front of 6 mm meaning lots of paid adds in the glossies... One thing Peter did not mention, however, is the size of the table and also the room to manoeuvre... those are for me two big arguments in favour of the joy of 6. And I wish I could paint like the chap who recently did those Camel Corps beauties. Thank you Peter... just add some Bengal lancers and Indian native troops like the Guides and the world in 6 would be perfect!... lol... Alejo Dorca

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
times changing?
dourpuritan
16th Nov 2017 08:54:50

Well I have club members urging me to get on with my 6mm Hellenistic project so they can throw in legionaries against pike blocks, but let me paint the Romans first (and get the Successor troops in York). In the last 10 months I've had nothing bigger than 10mm on my painting table and some stuff as small as 3mm. Currently 6mm 1870 Bavarians are under the brush.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
times changing?
ironass
16th Nov 2017 10:24:49

Am I alone  (guess not) in a very unorthodox approach to wargames?... meaning I have abandoned the idea of painting the opposition (enemy)... I do wargame the Charge of the Light Brigade, Little Big Horn and the Frontier Ablaze (from Maiwand to Malakand)... but in a mixture of rol play and wargame... and I just love Baccus 6mm... always doing proxxies mainly but you need all sorts you know! If anyone around has the same interests feel free to email me to adb@andorra.ad. Cheers

PM Estarriol
Standard User
times changing?
Estarriol
16th Nov 2017 10:40:57

6mm does seem to be gaining traction, but 28mm is the perfect eye candy scale, and magazines love eye candy.

PM Lost Dorsai
Standard User
times changing?
Lost Dorsai
17th Dec 2017 08:10:18

I agree magazines love 28s. I like them too. I have always known of the 6s, but had gotten away from the hobby. I got back into it a couple of years ago. For skirmishes, and Sf (warhammer) they're fine. But I want the size of bigger battles . . . so I'm getting to Napoleonics (just ordered the 1812-15 division set with both french and british) I,m also getting into WW 1 in 6s because I want larger actions. I also really don't have tons of space for large scale 28 games.

Hey everyone at Baccus:

I'm more than willing to wait for placing an order. As long as you all stay safe and keep the distances apart. This will eventually end, and then I will place another order.

Cheers!

Rob 

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
times changing?
ironass
17th Dec 2017 09:15:39

the first time I bought a minifig in 25 mm it was 28 p ... today they sell unpainted at 3,5 pounds... maybe I am growing too old to cope with that... lol

Standard User
times changing?
dourpuritan
19th Dec 2017 05:01:48

Jeez! how old am I. The first Minifig I bought cost me 1/- (hope everyone recognises the old sign for what is now 5p).

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
times changing?
ironass
19th Dec 2017 09:34:49

Money aside, and I agree it IS important, the big table and the lack of "room to manoevre" where factors that paved the way to 6 mm... what is the use of a big army in 25 mm (sorry nowadays 28 mm)  say 500 figures aside, if all battles are frontal affairs... the only way to have space is the smaller scales... I wrongly thought in the seventies that it was difficult to paint 15 mm... ok you can laugh at it... but recognition of uniforms and characters was then a plus to me, not anymore... I am an heterodox and do not conform to other peoples dogmas easily... mainly do my own thing... but I prefer this Forum much more then say Facebook! ...lol

Standard User
times changing?
dourpuritan
20th Dec 2017 12:53:12

Is dogmas the midwinter festival of St.Bernard?

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
times changing?
ironass
20th Dec 2017 02:37:42

lol... maybe one of them...

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Little battles with Ancients by David Kay
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by David Kay
19th Apr 2024