> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > WotR Irish
TOPIC: WotR Irish
PM Le Comte de Froufrou
Standard User
WotR Irish
Le Comte de Froufrou
6th May 2015 11:04:11

Getting the urge to do Wares of the Roses in 6mm. The Baccus range is great, but doesn't have Irish kerns, bonnacht or gallowglass (it doesn't have Scots highland archers, either). What would be the suggested proxies, particularly for the bonnacht and kern?

Other troops are less of a problem, but I'd really like to see the range expanded into an early C16th range to accommodate the early Italian Wars. Landsknechts anyone?

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
WotR Irish
pushing.tin
7th May 2015 12:36:08

I did some kerns for my 17th century irish and used  ASP02 - Spanish Caetratii with an appropriate paint job and some knifework on the ones with helmets to make it look more like hair. Some of the Viking range might do for bonnacht and gallowglass, as well as possibly Scots archers

PM Le Comte de Froufrou
Standard User
WotR Irish
Le Comte de Froufrou
12th May 2015 08:30:57

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for delaying my response. I'm not entirely sure about the caetrati, but it prompted me to look at using Greek psiloi as Irish. Gallowglass - perhaps Saxon huscarls, but I worry about the shields. One problem with Baccus figures is that they are so good. With most other manufacturers I'll happily use proxies. With Baccus, I'm rather more reluctant to. 

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
WotR Irish
pushing.tin
12th May 2015 09:18:04

Yes Greek Psiloi are probably a better bet, I see what you mean now I've looked at them, must have missed these when I was trying to find my own proxies!

I know what you mean about the figures being too good!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Floating Gun Battery and Gun Boat for Duna 1701 (GNW) by Stenbock
20th Nov 2017

Blenheim in Barcelona by peter
20th Nov 2017

New ECW/TYW by peter
20th Nov 2017

Whatever happened to the SYW? by Fireymonkeyboy
19th Nov 2017

Bl├╝cher in the Peninsula by Fireymonkeyboy
18th Nov 2017

UPCOMING SHOWS