> Forums
Reply
12
> Painting and Modelling > Gallery > French cavalry for WSS
TOPIC: French cavalry for WSS
PM Katana_bob
Standard User
Posts: 16
French cavalry for WSS
Katana_bob
23rd Mar 2016 09:42:23

Hi all,

Just finished painting reinforcements for a friends French army for WSS.

They are the Toulouse and Royal Etranger. I hope you like them.

I'm running a game at my local club on Tuesday. As long as I remember my camera, I'll take a few pics :-)

Rob


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 148
French cavalry for WSS
Whirlwind
23rd Mar 2016 10:00:24

Lovely!


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 62
French cavalry for WSS
hwiccee
23rd Mar 2016 10:09:51

Great job :)


PM Katana_bob
Standard User
Posts: 16
French cavalry for WSS
Katana_bob
23rd Mar 2016 10:20:36

Thanks guys. I must admit, I'm really impressed with the new sculpts. Lots of detail that just demands to be painted... :-)

Rob


PM Mollinary
Standard User
Posts: 118
French cavalry for WSS
Mollinary
24th Mar 2016 11:57:33

 

Gorgeous painting and basing - hardly good ground for cavalry though!!!

Mollinary


PM Katana_bob
Standard User
Posts: 16
French cavalry for WSS
Katana_bob
30th Mar 2016 08:24:53

Hi all,

Had a game of WSS last night. Was an allied victory, but forgot to take my camera. I managed to get a few pics with my phone, but they are not great quality. I've added them anyway, as it gives you all an idea of the size of games we regularly do. The photos are in no particular order. One of the guys has promised to bring a proper camera next time, so I'll attempt a battle report then... :-/


PM hwiccee
Standard User
Posts: 62
French cavalry for WSS
hwiccee
30th Mar 2016 09:09:07

Great game :)


PM adam west
Standard User
Posts: 28
French cavalry for WSS
adam west
8th Apr 2016 01:55:45

Great looking game, a excellent advertisement why 6mm is best! What rules were you using?


PM Katana_bob
Standard User
Posts: 16
French cavalry for WSS
Katana_bob
8th Apr 2016 05:11:53

The rules are a set that a friend & myself have been working on for a number of years. They've finally got a name... "Those bl**dy Frenchies started it". We had been calling them "Marlborough rules", but that didn't really seem enough :-)

We are currently adding diagrams & explanations, as they are not the simplest of rules, but we feel they give a very good feel for the period.

We usually play with 3 players per side, with me as umpire. I'd say that we get a solid result 75% of the time, but the other 25% is normally due to running short of time (we have a chatty bunch at our club!)

I'm planning on running a larger game in the summer, with 5 players per side. I'll definitely take pics of that one :-)

Cheers,

Rob


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 363
French cavalry for WSS
dourpuritan
9th Apr 2016 01:53:56

 What a superb looking layout!


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Great War Redoubts by Nick the Lemming
20th Feb 2018

Polemos FPW by Romulus
16th Feb 2018

models in Marian Roman Army Pack by peter
15th Feb 2018

6mm dirt roads by Battle Brush Sigur
15th Feb 2018

Baccus on the Meeples and Miniatures Podcast by peter
14th Feb 2018

UPCOMING SHOWS

Hammerhead (Newark Showground)
3rd Mar 2018

Salute (Excel Centre, London)
14th Apr 2018

Partizan (Kelham Hall, Newark)
20th May 2018

Phalanx (Sutton Leisure Centre, St. Helens)
16th Jun 2018

Joy of Six (Sheffield)
15th Jul 2018

LATEST RELEASES

Great War British - Desert Mounted CorpsGreat War British
Desert Mounted Corps

Great War Indian - Indian Army Division PackGreat War Indian
Indian Army Division Pack

GWE15 - Indian 2.5GWE15
Indian 2.5" RBL and crew

GWE13 - Indian cavalryGWE13
Indian cavalry

GWE12 - Indian Vickers Guns and crewGWE12
Indian Vickers Guns and crew