Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Free Paper Buildings: Germany
TOPIC: Free Paper Buildings: Germany
Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Free Paper Buildings: Germany
Extra Crispy
28th Apr 2015 10:25:21

A few weeks ago someone linked to this site:

http://www.grundschule-pretzschendorf.de/en/Our_village/paper_models.html

HalfTimber Paper Model

They have the entire town of Pretzschendorf available as free paper buildings. I finally got around to poking around and downloaded the lot. This morning I decided to try a few. The original PDF files are oddly sized, so I imported them into Powerpoint, reset the images to a length of11, then cropped them. That let me get several buildings on one page. Many of them are simple boxes but look great. For the more adventurous, you could import them into an image editor and change a few colors around to get even more variety, fast and cheap. The simpler ones may even be resized to 50% becoming 3mm. For my grand tactical games I'll use 3mm so a 6 or 8 building village conforms to ground scale.

Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Standard User
Extra Crispy
29th Apr 2015 03:15:35

Samples in 6mm and 3mm

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

PM Bezmozgu
Standard User
Bezmozgu
29th Apr 2015 10:40:00

Mark,

Your buildings look good.  What kind of cardstock are you using?

I've had success using 2mm thick sheet styrene cut to the dimensions of the building's sides/roofs, cementing the structure together, and then gluing the building sides/roofs that are printed on paper to the stryrene structure with a thin layer of white glue.  It takes a little more time but results in a more sturdy building that can be based with walls, fences, flocking, trees etc.

Steve

Steve

Virginia, USA

Standard User
Extra Crispy
29th Apr 2015 12:12:14

I'm using regular paper. And I just based them as a small village last night. Normally I would use card stock as well, but this was a trial run. I'll post pics once my first hamlet is flocked dn ready...

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Standard User
Extra Crispy
30th Apr 2015 09:59:20

For my SYW game Saturday, I needed some more town areas. For the moment I have cobble stone tiles with a variety of 6mm buildings on. But working with paper buildings I was able to resize them to 3mm so my 4" square village can really look like a village. A couple shots in progress. The buildings were free, the base is a beer coaster. Total cost: practically nil (just paint, glue and sand).

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Standard User
Extra Crispy
1st May 2015 04:33:52

And finished!

I dry brushed the roads and added three colors of grass and flock. The yellowish was laid out in squares to look like gardens but didn't really cooperate. I think in future I'll do "rows" to look like little vegetable gardens. And at some point I'll add trees, fences, shrubs etc. But overall I'm pleased with the results.

And here you can see 4 more I hope to have done in time for my game on Saturday:

ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024