Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > Using 3mm terrain
TOPIC: Using 3mm terrain
Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
Extra Crispy
15th Aug 2015 08:54:19

You have to buy golden brown and paint it I'm guessing!

Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
dourpuritan
17th Aug 2015 10:05:05

I love that base cloth. It's a lime green faux mink throw from Amazon; much bigger than 6'x4' so works well with terrain shapes placed under. I also randomly sprayed it on the clothes line with patches of darker green and a sandy colour.

A little goes a long way

PM jbickley00
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
jbickley00
9th Oct 2015 03:11:57

Langton miniatures makes some fantastic 1:1200 builings which I use in my gaming. Due to space, I play most of my games anymore at half scale, so that my 3x5 table becomes a 6x10. I confess that miniatures smaller than 6mm have been  disappointmen for me, too much detail is lost. But the combination of 6mm miniatures and 3mm terrain is very very effective,  With a little expansion, I can play Auterlitz or Mars la tour, or Gettysburg on a dinning room table.

PM bushs
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
bushs
15th Feb 2019 02:31:26

Hi DP,

I bought some of the Brigade Models stuff a while back, the buildings are excellent and they have a great variety of building types but I found them a bit too small for my tastes.

After recently reading one of your posts regarding TBM 3mm buildings, plus they've been on my watch list for a while decided to try them out. Got them a couple of weeks ago. These are great and just what I'm after. I Just wish their 3mm range was a lot more like the BM stuff.

Regards,

Steve

PM Charles the Modeller
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
Charles the Modeller
15th Feb 2019 04:48:07

I use the brigade model buildings for large scale WW2 games. I find they look much more pleasing and realistic than larger 6mm buildings, particularly if you can get a hefty number of them together. My tabletop scales are all over the place, but I suspect no more than anybody else’s. You can see some pics here on my blog 

PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
6mmwargaming
23rd Mar 2019 01:13:18

There is lots of 3d printable 2mm terrain that can be rescaled. ForwardMarch studios is one I'm using.

Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
dourpuritan
23rd Mar 2019 09:37:29

Amazon.co.uk sell the above cloth as a lime green faux fur fleece, It has short tufts on one side (as above) and longer tufts on the reverse (great for those who also game in 28mm). It also takes acrylic spray paint well to break up the monotony of the lime green.

A little goes a long way

PM Fenton
Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
Fenton
24th Mar 2019 11:34:32

Supreme Littleness do some nice 3mm as well

Standard User
Using 3mm terrain
dourpuritan
24th Mar 2019 01:12:16

Indeed they do. The Mediterranean/Italian range is particularly good and excellent value. Really good for the Great Italian Wars through to the present.

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by dourpuritan
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by njt236
22nd Apr 2024

Renaissance Turks? by Rittmeister_Krefeld
22nd Apr 2024