Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > WW2 British releases - at last!
TOPIC: WW2 British releases - at last!
PM peter
Administrator
WW2 British releases - at last!
peter
16th Apr 2019 11:37:39

I am absolutely overjoyed to be able to announce the release of our first substantial tranche of WW2 vehicles.

Yes, we’ve released the odd artillery piece and even a Sherman, but due to, ‘circumstances beyond our control’, the project as a whole had to be put on the back burner for most of last year.   We are now catching up rapidly.

We’ve thought long and hard about our release schedule and what we are going to produce.  Yes, it is tanks that catch the eye for WW2, and believe me, we have BIG plans for armour coming up, but it is infantry that have to take and hold ground, and it’s the chaps on foot or manning the artillery that form the real backbone of any army.

As a result, we are going to make sure that it’s the infantry that get some attention in this first batch. 

You get trucks,

Artillery tows,

Armoured cars,

those sundry wheeled vehicles that enable the army to function,

a big 17pdr ATG with which to bag a Tiger,

and some AA should the Luftwaffe make an appearance.

The great thing about this approach is that it also enables us to put together some really useful higher formation packs at a discounted price.   We’ve adopted a fairly high level of command as the basis for these packs which work well for divisional level games such as Spearhead et al.  However, they will break down nicely for those of you who prefer a more tactical approach.

The sharp-eyed amongst you will have noticed that there are some large numbers on the codes for these new releases, and some very big gaps between them.   Take that as a good indication of our statement of intent.   It would be easy to cherry-pick the obvious good sellers, do those and leave huge holes in the range – Baccus is in this for the long haul and our aim is to produce the finest models with a truely comprehensive coverage.

We believe that the combination of superbly detailed vehicles and equipment combined with our trademark high quality infantry and artillery, all designed to a consistent scale and available at a great price, will prove to be not only an attractive option, but ultimately one that will prove irresistible to lots of you out there.

Just to show what you can do when you get quality models and figures that are in scale with each other, we also have available one of our trademark HQ sets – in this case we find Monty outlining his plans somewhere on North West Europe, while enjoying a nice cup of tea…

You can find all details of the range to date HERE

We’ve loads more British stuff to come in short order, and for the curious, we will be aiming to get the first group of German models out for this year’s Joy of Six.

Keep watching this News Page!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM frederick_the_green
Standard User
frederick_the_green
16th Apr 2019 01:07:09

Boom!, 100 Quid gone.

Easy as that...

Wait till you're selling some actual tanks....

They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

PM peter
Administrator
peter
16th Apr 2019 07:03:14

As ever, the wait for the tanks will be well worth it...

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
16th Apr 2019 07:59:32

Wow, when you click on the link and explore all the additions it’s amazing. Probably one of the biggest releases for a single range. Well worth the wait, as usual, and leaves me anxious for more. Also as usual. 

PM Estarriol
Standard User
Estarriol
17th Apr 2019 08:56:19

11th AD here I come!

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
17th Apr 2019 10:47:25

Bring on the Yanks. :)

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Little battles with Ancients by David Kay
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by David Kay
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by Lanksta
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by peter
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by bushs
18th Apr 2024