Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Battle of Ourcq - September 1914
TOPIC: Battle of Ourcq - September 1914
PM Trebian
Standard User
Battle of Ourcq - September 1914
Trebian
25th Jun 2016 09:14:43

Posted an account of an attempt to refight the first day of the Battle of Ourcq in September 1914, between the Germans & the French on my blog.

http://wargaming4grownups.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/w-ourcq-in-progress.html

Yes, a 1914 game without the BEF. 

Trebian

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
26th Jun 2016 09:07:24

Terrific looking game and excellent report. Could you give me a pointer as to where to find the rules? Also, did you make the card tiles, or can they be bought?

A little goes a long way

PM Fenton
Standard User
Fenton
26th Jun 2016 10:16:53

I found this

OP14 wargame rules

As a result of my recent battle report about the re-fight of the Battle of Ivangorod, I have received several requests for further information about Richard Brooks' OP14 wargame rules.

I have been through the back issues of THE NUGGET and found a copy of the rules in N236. If a blog reader wishes to read and/or print a copy of this particular issue, they will need the relevant password ... which in this case is:

yague

PM Trebian
Standard User
Trebian
26th Jun 2016 03:12:57

Fenton has a good link- they are in that edition of Nugget. I thought they were elsewhere, but can't find the link at the moment. I'm in contact with the author. I'll ask him if he doesn't mind me putting them up in the rules sec tion of my blog.

The tiles are from a game called "Play 5" which is a game that combines poker and scrabble. These are both games I wouldn't play, but when the sets were remaindered it was hard to resist the bits that come in the box. 

You can get playing card tiles from other sources, i'm told. I nearly bought a lovely set the size of dominoes when I was in Vietnam. Wish I had now.

PM Trebian
Standard User
Trebian
30th Jun 2016 09:39:05

Got permission from Richard Brooks top ost a pdf of the rules in the downloads section of the blog.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by peter
19th Apr 2024

Kangaroos, Elephants & Tigers by bushs
18th Apr 2024

The Army of Northern Virginia by ironass
17th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by DuncanWB
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by Whirlwind
15th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS