Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > New WEC range - First releases now avaialble
TOPIC: New WEC range - First releases now avaialble
PM pushing.tin
Standard User
New WEC range - First releases now avaialble
pushing.tin
16th Jun 2017 07:54:27

will there be crabats and carabins?

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
17th Jun 2017 02:18:45

Hello Peter!

As always, you have managed to make the wait, worth it. I'm a big fan of Martins "chunky style". They simply paint up faster and fill out the bases very nicely. I've ordered enough figures to kick start some early North American armies. Which should look spectacular now that you have the figures.

Is there any plans to redo the Scottish forces as well, or will the old sculpts be retained?

Best regards,

Glenn

PM peter
Administrator
peter
19th Jun 2017 10:36:08

Answers to questions coming up,,

1) Harquebusiers/Horse and Cuirassiers will be released in the next couple of weeks.   Artillery and Generals are being sculpted and I'd like to think we could have them all out for the JOS.

2) If by 'Crabats' you mean irregular lt ca, then I think that these are catered for in the GNW Polish range.   By 'Carabins' do you mean Harquebusiers?

3) The Scots will indeed be getting the same treatment and the existing veterans put out to pasture.

How's that?

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM pushing.tin
Standard User
pushing.tin
20th Jun 2017 08:09:05

Yes I've used a combination of variuos GNW figures for my crabats, just wondered if there were any plans for more 'bespoke' figures. By carabins I mean figures shooting carbines/muskets/pistols from horseback rather than charging with sword. I have used mounted dragoons for these in the past.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
23rd Jun 2017 05:34:49

Hello Peter!

For me codes WEC9, 10, 11, 12 - Firing, 96 figures with 4 command strips are fantastic new additions. However, they seem to be in a new format. Previously in other lines Firing was associated with skirmishers and had no command figures. Will this new format be repeated over other lines whenever they are redone? Adding a command and increasing the number of figures in a bag works wonders for me as I rarely ever ordered one bag of 48 figures. You can always use these figures in creative ways.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM peter
Administrator
peter
26th Jun 2017 09:25:51

Hi Glenn,

The 'firing' codes (WEC9-12) were done as a response to constant demands over the years for firing (and loading) poses.  

I have sometimes released non-skirmisher codes based in files rather than ranks although these have been in the Ancients ranges.   This is done where you need to show deeper formations with the different ranks in different poses.   The firing/loading strips could only be done in this fashion, mostly for technical casting reasons, but also to avoid a multiplicity of codes - imagine having to do a code for 'giving fire', another for 'poise your musket', another for 'charge your musket'....you get the picture.

So, no, this is not a large scale change to our standard practice and you won't see it repeated across new releases.

PM gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
Standard User
gordon@hazeltonmountford.co.uk
3rd Jul 2017 05:23:50

Just wondered if the rest of the range will be out by Joy of Six? also any plans for Thirty Years War Flags?

PM peter
Administrator
peter
4th Jul 2017 08:56:23

I am hoping to have the Horse and Cuirassiers avaialable at the JOS plus the first releases in what will be a large range of TYW flagsheets...

PM Estarriol
Standard User
Estarriol
4th Jul 2017 09:48:31

Just don't forget, buy from Rapier, then enter the raffle, all the big prize winners last year followed this proven formula....

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
5th Jul 2017 07:15:17

Flags and cavalry - how much longer can I put off the TYW?

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

The Army of Northern Virginia by ironass
17th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by DuncanWB
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by Whirlwind
15th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by peter
15th Apr 2024