Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > The Joy of Six 2019
TOPIC: The Joy of Six 2019
PM peter
Administrator
The Joy of Six 2019
peter
15th Jan 2019 02:25:44

Another year - that means another Joy of Six show!  The organising team are all really pleased to let you know that the Joy of Six wargames show will be taking place at Sheffield Hallam University on Sunday 7th July 2019.

Regular attendees will notice that this is a week earlier than usual, as we've been forced to change in order to avoid Sheffield city centre's annual deluge of urban cyclists who have caused so much disruption to the show in the last two years.

We are now inviting applications for those of you wanting to stage games at this year's event.   For more information and a booking form contact us here.

As usual we will be holding our workshop tours around the Baccus Megacorps Industries manufacturing facility on Saturday 6th July.   It's a great way to make a full weekend event.    Places on these sessions are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.  Once again, if you need a place reserving , contact us here.  Alternatively use that old fashioned telephone thing  0114 2724491.

See you there!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Estarriol
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
Estarriol
16th Jan 2019 09:43:34

Same day as the Barrage Show in Stafford, Rapier Miniatures are currently working out the logistics of being at both at the same time!

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
monk2002uk
19th Jan 2019 10:10:02

Peter, email request for reservation on its way to you. This year will showcase a large battle between Russians and Austro-Hungarians on the Eastern Front in 1914. A chance to show off some of the latest additions to the Great War range.

Robert

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
dourpuritan
19th Jan 2019 10:52:52

Someone is going to need to paint fast. Unfortunately I can't make the show so lots of photos would be good, as WWI eastern front is one of my pet projects.

A little goes a long way

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
monk2002uk
21st Jan 2019 07:57:49

Santa was very kind this year. She (er, I mean 'He') bought me an airbrush. It has been a tremendous help, particularly for painting the bases and the overall uniform colour in record time. So July should be doable...

Robert

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
LEmpereur
23rd Feb 2019 10:17:06

Hello Peter,

We send you a email to come on the saturday, with Our two younger daughters, to visit The Baccus Megacorps Industries manufacturing! And the next day to be at the Joy of Six!

Could you tell Us the organization of the saturday visiting to organize Ourself Shefield visiting programm?

Thanks

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM jssecker@hotmail.com
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
jssecker@hotmail.com
24th Feb 2019 01:08:03

Do you know yet what the room/location will be within the building? WIll it be the Heartspace or the suite of rooms you had in 2018 (or some other arangement)? The Heartspace was spectacular, but probably a bit less suitable logistically - especially for those relegated to the side rooms. I'll be attending anyway, but I'm just curious what to expect this year.

John Secker

PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
Baron Clenawly
24th Feb 2019 12:06:16

Could I ask as well if the room the talks/discussions are held in will be seperate altogether from the main display area?

PM peter
Administrator
The Joy of Six 2019
peter
25th Feb 2019 10:30:07

We'll be in the second floor again.  Nice though the Heartspace is, we've outgrown its capacity.   We are actually looking to expand again, and the new layout offers us that option.

With regards to the discussions, we'll find somewhere more suitably with less background noise.   Last year was our first time and we did make some mistakes which we'll be aiming to recitify for JOS19.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Sparta
Standard User
The Joy of Six 2019
Sparta
29th Mar 2019 10:44:08

I was - once again looking at participating in JOS. THis would as I see it imply flying to Manchester and the going by trrain to Sheffield. I would love to put on a big game, which my club does often in Napolonics - and now we have several thousand ready for FPW. However Sheffield is rather inaccessible from the continent - and big games travelling by plane i not realistic.

Have you ever considered doing a subvenue at one of the continental conventions to showcase several big 6mm games?

BW

Nic

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53