Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Franco&Indian War (7 years war in America)
TOPIC: Franco&Indian War (7 years war in America)
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Franco&Indian War (7 years war in America)
ironass
2nd Feb 2020 04:19:09

Opinions please.

Does anyone in these group has any experience with the French&Indian Wars? (The 7 Years Back in America - The Last of the Mohicans etc).

How do you base your figures? This is my main interest... I personally think 60x30 is OK for Brigades in the ACW but for these War?... Regiments?... or do you use smaller bases?

Recommended rules? RUSE DE GUERRE obviously!!!!

I was thinking Baccus 6mm.

They seem to do all the appropriate minis.

Interested before making a move...

https://www.mytoysoldiersandme.com

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
4th Feb 2020 02:40:03

Hello ironass!

I wrote the Polemos rules "Ruse de Guerre" coverng the wars in North America from 1754 to 1815. It uses the common base size 60x30. It also has a sliding scale that lets you call a base whatever you want. That allows you to start your games with a small number of figures and grow the size of your battles as your collection grows. And yes indeed Baccus has all the figures that you will ever need., including army packs. Trust this is what you were looking for. Need anything else, just ask.

Best regards,

Glenn

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
4th Feb 2020 07:56:25

Thanks a lot Glenn... currently having "the itch"... you know what I mean.... one period finished (ACW)... and then... I have to keep calm and do not pester Peter with questions about the Pony Wars  range... maybe for next Joy of Six?... whenever... Calm... Calm... Calm... but in the meanwhile... crazy ideas keep turning on my mind... Last of the Mohicans is just one... so... "Ruse de Guerre" seems a good investment suddenly! Cheers. Alejo.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
21st Feb 2020 02:51:45

Hello ironass!

You don't have to use Tempo Bidding. It simply adds depth to the game. Watching two experinced players or teams work out their strategy every turn is an interesting dynamic and becomes a very exciting part of the game. A seasoned bidder can often obtain advantages for his team that lead directly to victory. However, like most of the rules you can drop it if you don't like it. There are some players that don't use it and still enjoy the game. Others simply roll off, high roller gets to decide if he wants to be the Tempo player or not.

If your more into skirmishing the rules are designed for that as well. You don't have to step down to 30mm x 30mm basing. The Indians and all other skirmishers are always mounted on the standard base 60x30. This base allows you to play any size of battle or skirmish that you want. You can call the base anything you want, half company, squad, troop, platoon, a bunch of guys, etc. This allows you to play the Abrahams Plains battle or the taking of Joe's Farm without ever having to change your basing. There is no minimum or maximum size of battle for the rules. Your only limited by your own creativity.

If you have any concerns or questions at all about the rules, just ask.

Best regards,

Glenn

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
21st Feb 2020 05:26:03

Thank you very much Glenn! I liked your Post. Still on the initial process... I have two basings currently on... ACW 60x30 ortodox and some special stands... and in Colonial matters 30x30 is the bigger base (but for limbers). I have the tendency (as everybody else I guess) to get a set of rules at the beginning (to get the feel of the period) but as a Solo Wargamer I have a tendency to tamper with all of them!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by Mort53
20th May 2024

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS