Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pony Wars Range
TOPIC: Pony Wars Range
PM njt236
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
njt236
28th Sep 2020 08:13:32

Ironass. I still have my old copy and figures are based individually as figures are removed according to how many casualties a unit has received. eg. 3 casualties result in 3 figures removed. 

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
28th Sep 2020 09:44:43

Thank you njt236... something clear!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
1st Oct 2020 07:53:18

Well, I have read the old set of rules and it is fun, not sure that my grandchildren understand who The Lone Ranger is or was... Dondo smacks of Hondo... and whatever cliche Hollywood did...

Sorry but I have decided to build my units in a different way... and as always customize the rules to my taste (as cleverly for their time the authors allow you and encouraged to)... will probably go for Ford's Cavalry Trilogy...

And I am eagerly waiting for the packs and their picks to be added to the Bacc(h)us Catalogue... so to be able to send the minis to the painters...

This range has been a wee distraction through those beastly pandemic times... carry on Peter!

PM Z0rro
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
Z0rro
10th Oct 2020 12:00:15

Wow, some things never die!  Nice work, Peter and cohorts.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
11th Oct 2020 02:57:30

Now Peter... we DO NEED those codes of the Pony Wars range in the Catalogue... BACCUS or BACCHUS... is not the question... giddy up!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
12th Oct 2020 07:13:24

At last!... codes and range have started to appear in the Baccus Catalogue!... well done Peter!... forward YO!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
16th Oct 2020 10:05:50

120 minis per pack?... what of the other approach to wargaming apart from the PONY WARS ruleset?... are you not losing sales that way?... only wondering and rambling... never mind but two half packs would do for the fanatics of the rules set and a halfpack would still give you 60 minis... just a thought... but I understand (just boring times).

PM peter
Administrator
Pony Wars Range
peter
16th Oct 2020 11:33:17

Hi Alex, all the PW stuff will be sold in packs to reflect the game requirements. It is a range outside of the normal Baccus products and won't be following our 'standard' packaging. The format will be in a series of 'modules' that will enable buyers to get all they need in handy and reasonably priced packs. We won't be jacking up prices because these are special game pieces. Pricing per strip/model will broadly follow existing practice.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
dourpuritan
22nd Oct 2020 09:58:09

Well, I made it to the Netherlands before Boris I can't survive on 150,000 a year Johnson pulls up the draw bridge making it far more difficult to go 22 miles to France than 3000 miles to the USA. Talking of which, the Pony Wars figures are looking mightily impressive.Having recently read a book on Custer and the Little Bighorn I am very tempted, especially as a friend passed me a copy of the Pony Wars rules last year.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars Range
ironass
23rd Oct 2020 08:35:35

I am thinking of using the horseholders and horses without rider as a walking column on foot a la "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon"... got enough standing groups of horses as it is... (Book of Divagations 1.1)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS