Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Figure Identification Help
TOPIC: Figure Identification Help
PM Craig
Standard User
Figure Identification Help
Craig
8th Mar 2020 12:34:23

These guys were in an old Polish GNW DBA box set. I've been unable to find then on any pics in the shop, can anyone tell me what they are please?

They're carrying muskets so I'm guessing some sort of dragoon, and wearing fur hats. It's possible they're now OOP but I hope not! Sadly, just tried to upload a picture from my phone and massively confused - a box appeared asking for a URL - if anyone can recognise them from the description or tell me how to upload a pic that would be great! 
edit: just managed to upload pic, below:

PM Craig
Standard User
Craig
8th Mar 2020 04:05:25

PM hwiccee
Standard User
hwiccee
8th Mar 2020 06:58:27

Craig,

I am not sure if it is just me but I can't see the picture :(

If it is cavalry I think it is probably GNR9 Russian Dragoons in Kartuz?

Nick

PM Craig
Standard User
Craig
8th Mar 2020 07:13:35

Sorry guys, attaching a pic is a mystery to me. It showed up on my post then disappeared after I'd posted it?
Spot on tho Nick, it's the Russian dragoon, thank you! :)

Email Stormrider PM Stormrider
Administrator
Stormrider
8th Mar 2020 08:02:35

Diving in here to offer some help.

First up, Craig, there's no image code in your post (I checked the database). How are you adding it?

For example, this image is hosted online at "https://www.eschoolnews.com/files/2014/08/online_testing.3.jpg" (I googled it) which is the URL I put in the popup box. Right now, and mostly due to some problems with virus-laden images, the forum doesn't offer hosting of images so you need to upload them somewhere else (there's lots of free hosting services such as imgur). If the above image doesn't load them I'll look like an ass, but I'll know how to fix it at least!

Nick, you're a great help but this trick might help you even more. if you put [ [ (without the space) then the product code (note - while this product code is sometimes shown as GNR9, it's actually GNR09, you need the 0 there for it to match), then ] ] (again without the space, you get a nifty little product box appear in your post - like so

GNR09 - Dragoons, Kartuz

Dragoons, Kartuz

• 3 figures per strip
  • 5 Command Strips per pack
  • 10 Line strips per pack

Total - 45 Figures

UK: £10.20
Elsewhere: £8.50

Add to Basket

Hope that helps!

Stormrider
Stormrider Studios

PM Craig
Standard User
Craig
8th Mar 2020 09:46:58

It was a picture taken on my phone so it's in the photo library on my phone. Assumed I could just paste it in but I see why I couldn't now. Thanks for the help, I'll know what to do next time :)

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by Mort53
20th May 2024

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS