Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Looking for a plan B?
TOPIC: Looking for a plan B?
PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
Glenn Pearce
9th Mar 2021 11:53:59

Hello mjy0628!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Baccus6mm.

Baccus is not only tops in products, they are also number 1 in customer service! So before you make any moves on plan B I would suggest you send an email to Baccus and explain your problem/concerns/plans etc. to them. You can rest assured that they will do whatever they can to help you out. In these difficult times they may not be able to do anything more, but maybe there is a way to help you out. So please take the time to contact them and see if there is something they can do that you didn't realize. It never hurts to ask and Baccus has always tried to help out their customers as best as they can.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
dourpuritan
11th Mar 2021 08:46:59

I think it also needs to be reiterated that Peter has gone to great lengths to keep his staff and customers as safe as possible during a worldwide pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people. He has done this to the detriment of his own business and to this end I think we owe it to him to show our support by exercising patience while the UK deals with the Corona Crisis and leaves lockdown for normality.

A little goes a long way

PM David Kay
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
David Kay
11th Mar 2021 08:53:37

Building up your terrain and test playing whilst awaiting further troops sounds like a good plan.

You could check out the Irregular Miniatures site. They have a lot of scenics at 6mm including the Alamo and a wildwest fort plus a lot of tents.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
dourpuritan
11th Mar 2021 09:41:52

Also, Leven Miniatures do 6mm Wild West buildings, including station, water tower and US cavalry fort. Total Battle Miniatures do a series of Americana buildings in 6mm including a town, useful for both ACW and the West. 

A little goes a long way

PM gsayhi
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
gsayhi
11th Mar 2021 02:14:30

Warlord games has recently come out with ACW Epic scale. Normally, they made 28mm scale figures but I think it's sinking into them that many, if not most people, don't have a tennis court size battlefield to put into their homes (and stay happily married at least). Anyways, you may want to look at those.

PM mjy0628
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
mjy0628
12th Mar 2021 02:49:59

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and suggestions.  I have a few things to tide me over and hopefully, Baccus will be able to ramp up safely sooner than later.

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
Colin the Wargamer
12th Mar 2021 10:34:57

If I have read Peter's latest newsflash correctly, you may be able to order your troops in £50 instalments from now on.  Apologies if my misinterpretation of the latest news bulletin gives you false hope!  Hang in there!  Cheers  Colin

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
Glenn Pearce
12th Mar 2021 11:32:44

I believe you can but not at the same time. Once you get a notice that your order has been shipped you can place your next order. 

PM mjy0628
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
mjy0628
13th Mar 2021 01:46:43

I am pretty sure you can only place the next order once your first Â£50 order has shipped.  I am hopeful that my first order will ship shortly as they were 150 orders away from mine a month ago so I think I was one of the first to order once they reopened.  Will see with next week's updates.

PM Baldie
Standard User
Looking for a plan B?
Baldie
13th Mar 2021 11:20:06

How about this process

You order a set, then before you can order more you have to post a pic of the fully painted and based order.

I know for me my over ambitious goals would disappear for ever.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS