Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Subject
TOPIC: Subject
PM nicholasc
Standard User
Subject
nicholasc
22nd Jun 2021 08:28:43

my order was shipped on june 10 and i still dont have my minitures.  i live in toronto canaa so when should i be expecting a delivery.  i purchased ww1 italians and austrians, how shoud i paint them up for small dioramas

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
General
Glenn Pearce
23rd Jun 2021 02:12:26

I also live in Toronto. Normal service to Toronto from Baccus is two weeks. My order in Nov took three weeks. However, we are still living in uncertain times so delivery could be longer. If not delivered in six weeks your parcel has been held up somewhere and you'll need a little more patience. I just had a parcel shipped from Baccus this Friday so hopefully mine arrives within reason as well. I'll let you know when mine arrives. Are you interested in gaming any others periods? We play French & Indian War, American War of Independence, War of 1812, Napoleonics, American Civil War and World War 2. 

PM Leafs87
Standard User
re: General
Leafs87
24th Jun 2021 01:36:25

Hi Glenn, 

Do you use Baccus' 1812 range as proxies for your French and Indian War period? I've only just dived into the hobby and started with ancients (awaiting my Celts, Romans, Carthaginians), but I'm considering the Plains of Abraham or Pontiac's War for my next project. Looking to get a better idea of how others are utilizing the catalogue to suit their periods/projects. 

Cheers, 

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
General
Glenn Pearce
24th Jun 2021 02:02:13

Hello Leafs87!

Sounds like you live or at least did at one time live in my home town!

Welcome to the hobby, your in for a fabulous journey. Nothing like Baccus and 6mm.

So no, I use the Seven Years War French and British range and the Woodland Indians from the American War of Indepence range. To get you started there are actual FIW Army Packs for the French and British in the SYW range.

There is also the rules that I wrote to cover the entire period in North America from 1754 to 1815 called "Ruse de Guerre".

Glad to answer any further questions you might have on this or the rules. Just fire away.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Leafs87
Standard User
Leafs87
24th Jun 2021 04:04:21

Glenn, 

Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome. Positively thrilled to get started. 

Yes, fellow Torontonian here :) 

Would you look at that!? I am still familiarizing myself with Peter's range, and I completely missed the FIW packs in the SYW range -- I simply assumed his focus was the European theatre, strictly. Canadian militia? Indian miniatures for my Odawa war bands? These are bananas. 

Thank you for the help, Glenn. I will shoot you a message re: your "Ruse de Guerre" once I'm finished with the Battle of the Allia and the Punic Wars. 

Cheers, 

Jake

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
General
Glenn Pearce
24th Jun 2021 04:41:46

Hello Jake!

Your very welcome.

I run one of the oldest 6mm clubs in the world. The Napoleonic Miniatures Wargame Society of Toronto. We play most periods except so far no Ancients. I'm located near the 401 & Port Union. If your interested in seeing what we do and how we do it your more than welcome to attend one of our games once we're able to hold them again. You can email me at glennrpearce@hotmail.com

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Leafs87
Standard User
Leafs87
24th Jun 2021 05:14:48

Head Nod GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
General
Glenn Pearce
29th Jun 2021 06:00:02

Just received my last order from Baccus to Toronto, 15 days. Just like the old days! Good work Baccus team! Ok and the postal service!

Glenn

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024