Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pony Wars update
TOPIC: Pony Wars update
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Pony Wars update
dourpuritan
6th Aug 2021 08:05:21

Very pleased to hear that there will be further Pony Wars releases this month, including the rules and cards. As I am in the Netherlands I will wait for the rules and figures to appear before putting in a single order. Unfortunately I only became aware of the facebook page and the initial subscription to the rules yesterday, but at least I now have found a dedicated site to visit if I have rules questions. Looking forward to getting this project from bare metal to the tabletop.

A little goes a long way

PM Dangerous Dave
Standard User
Pony Wars update
Dangerous Dave
6th Aug 2021 08:55:16

Dour Puritan,

The following is lifted directly from what I posted on Facebook, earlier. I really do recommend that you get a copy - the whole thing is superb. (I was a subscriber, BTW, so you should be able to get an order in shortly):

"Mine arrived yesterday. Fully agree with Alex about "labour of love." They've even chosen a fancy inside cover! Beautifully produced and lovingly packaged... (Nearly took a Bowie knife to mine, but thought better of it and snipped away with scissors). Will definitely be going to do this in 6mm on a 6'X4' table. Many thanks to Peter and the Team - have yourselves a well-earned rest!"

Best wishes,

David Hotchkin.

PM Antioch
Standard User
Pony Wars update
Antioch
7th Aug 2021 03:25:37

Definately looking forward to these rules getting added to the store after all the pre sales get sent out. Hopefully soon.

Bob

Standard User
Pony Wars update
dourpuritan
7th Aug 2021 08:14:32

Cheers Dave, I read your review on the FB page along with some others. Everyone sounded very impressed with the end result of the project. Looking forward now to rules, cards, horsedrawn vehicles, scouts, tipis and railroad.

A little goes a long way

Standard User
Pony Wars update
dourpuritan
9th Aug 2021 07:11:44

Found this on Youtube which may help with painting the real Americans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySqfF4HCwg

Sorry tried to make this come out in red so you could just click it as a link, but can't remember how to do that. Very frustrating trying to remember all this computer stuff, useful though it is. Sometimes I just want to throw the bloody thing out of the window.

A little goes a long way

Standard User
Pony Wars update
dourpuritan
9th Aug 2021 07:27:55

Apparently if you shade it using the left click on the mouse, then use the right click on the mouse a menu comes up saying search in side bar. Scroll down a little for Colourised photos of American Indians. It worked like that on my Lenovo computer.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Pony Wars update
ironass
16th Aug 2021 07:48:12

Got my rules and cards today!... Hooorraaayyyyy!

PM Rakkasan
Standard User
Pony Wars update
Rakkasan
21st Aug 2021 01:03:13

My rules and cards arrived here in the USA today.  The box the cards came in somehow got busted up pretty bad but the cards were not damaged at all.    I hope to start playing soon.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS