Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Historicon 2021 - KoP, PA, US
TOPIC: Historicon 2021 - KoP, PA, US
PM Leafs87
Standard User
Historicon 2021 - KoP, PA, US
Leafs87
27th Aug 2021 12:41:01

Hey folks! 

Just wondering if any of my fellow NA hobbyists and wargaming enthusiasts knew anything about the upcoming Historicon convention in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania -- how big the event is, exhibits/games, vendors, price of admission and where one might find more info on the event!? Is there much of a 6mm presence or do larger scales tend to dominate? 

I've never been, but giving serious thought to skipping down from Ontario to Philly in November. Would love to hear from anyone who's planning on going or has been in the past :) 

J

PM Rakkasan
Standard User
Rakkasan
28th Aug 2021 01:22:35

The event home page is here:  https://www.hmgs.org/mpage/HconHome

I have been but not in the past 5 years.   Prior to Covid 19, it was a fairly large event and prices for admission were comparable to other such events in the USA.  There have been complaints about the food, its quality, the prices, but these are not unusual for a convention. 

6mm games were present but the larger scales do dominate.

I plan to attend if my work schedule allows.  

PM zeitsev
Standard User
zeitsev
28th Aug 2021 03:14:35

Leafs87 - My fellow 6mm gaming buddy and I both plan to attend.  We are big Baccus fans.  More importantly though, the Little WarsTV folks plan to attend and host some gaming events. They love 6mms.  Here's a link to their you-tube channel in case you are unfamiliar with them: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD6gPsr1xdvT9F4dntRAJ5g

And you might want to visit either (or both) the Valley Forge AWI camp (about 5 miles or so from the hotel) or ACW Gettysburg battlefield which is a somewhat farther but well worth the trip. Of the two, I'd definitely pick Gettysburg. Its worth tacking on an extra day to see it.

Regards,

zeitsev

PM Leafs87
Standard User
Leafs87
29th Aug 2021 02:29:20

@Rakka Thanks for the reply and info -- much appreciated.

@Zeitsev I am familiar with LittleWarsTV! One of the reasons I got into the hobby, in fact. Currently working on an AAR video for their Youtube Quick Strike challenge. Stoked to hear they plan to attend the event in November. Thank you for the tourist recommendations. Thinking a jaunt through Allegheny National Park on the way to Gettysburg may be the play... 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS