Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Baccus Showcase videos
TOPIC: Baccus Showcase videos
PM peter
Administrator
Baccus Showcase videos
peter
1st Apr 2022 07:32:44

t’s long been a request from customers that we make more video content about our ranges.  As a result, I now delighted to say that the very first ‘Baccus Showcase’ video is now available for viewing on You Tube https://youtu.be/rKyPk1J4CpE  The aim is to produce a number of short format videos, each focusing on one of our ranges. 

These will be aimed more at newcomers to 6mm, rather than the Grognards, but I think that they will still be of interest to all.  Alongside these will be fewer, longer format videos focusing in more depth on subjects such as painting figures, basing, scenics etc.    This is a very new project for us, so feedback is always welcome, and please forgive the wonky video and inconsistent audio on the initial episode – practice will make perfect!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
LEmpereur
4th Apr 2022 07:28:38

Very good!

:-)

"Vivement la suite !"

;-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
dourpuritan
5th Apr 2022 06:54:51

I did enjoy that. It made the pull towards 43AD just that little stronger.

A little goes a long way

PM DBS
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
DBS
10th Apr 2022 11:42:42

Very nice, though as someone commented on Youtube, the cavalry spears needed a little love before being ready for their close-up!

Obviously the priority will be filming the ranges in their own right, but down the line you might want to give some thought to stressing the versatility of the figures as proxies to cover even broader subjects.  My Gupta Indian army, for example, has Hunnic and Parthian horse archers with a darker skin, and Spanish light cavalry as the Gupta heavies.  My Parthians have Carthaginians as their Hellenised militia, whilst the Palmyrenes have Marians for their swordsmen.  Etc, etc...  It is the beauty of the scale that so much variety can be created with paint.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
ironass
11th Apr 2022 09:21:44

DBS is absolutely right!.... incidentally I am the chap who commented on the Cavalry spears... that is  bad marketing even if done in a hurry... if something defines BACCUS minis is they are STURDY!... all my ACW minis have travelled to and fro from BACCUS to the painters and to ANDORRA!... sometimes twice because a change of base was needed... and nothing was broken in transit!... so Peter please do not spoil a good idea using those old  painted bases for the catalogue... if need be do them again or order to be painted by a profesional like Daniel Hodgson or Greg Jackson!... It really pays off at short/middle/long time.  Oh! and congratulations for your wedding!... I would be at that PUB if I did'nt live so faaaaaar away!

PM peter
Administrator
Baccus Showcase videos
peter
11th Apr 2022 02:48:00

Fair points regarding the best spears - sadly I dropped the unit just prior to filing and didn;t have another to hand.  This initial release is really my first dabble at the format.  I do expect the production to get better and I will take the time to revisit and remaster this video with better quality bases and filming.

I like the idea about the proxies.  I will fit these in as occasional showcases once we get the main body of work in place.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
ironass
11th Apr 2022 05:41:18

Proxies (even inside a range or míxing ranges) with the right paint job IS a great idea DBS is right in that in spades!

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
Whirlwind
13th Apr 2022 07:25:57

Liked the video, nice work.

PM peter
Administrator
Baccus Showcase videos
peter
21st Apr 2022 09:02:45

Number two is now up and running...https://youtu.be/vgXui1WCdVI

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Baccus Showcase videos
lukicpz35t
5th May 2022 06:34:15

I'd like to see a video of the industrial process and casting, filing, packing, etc... of course only if it is not a trade secret.

Also, would be nice to see the artist sculpting the miniature, making the mould and such.

Finally, I'd like to see a couple of videos of you Peter explaining history, maybe a whole conflict and a couple of notable battles. Something like a 30 min format. The video could be split in 15 min of you explaining the conflict (using stock photos of period paintings and portraits), and 15 min showing how the battle evolved, using the miniatures. Maybe is too complicated, I don't know. I like to hear and peek at youtube historical videos while I paint minis.

thanks, Luca

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024