Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > ANTIETAM 6mm
TOPIC: ANTIETAM 6mm
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
dourpuritan
23rd Apr 2023 09:27:44

Those Confederates do look very impressive.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
24th Apr 2023 08:10:22

Thank you dourpuritan!... as for today a gentleman (I do not know him well enough to use any other qualification) in facebook acused me of having a "too flat"  scenery... I told him I use my imagination... as in a lot of other fields... so beware all of you... IT IS TRUE!... my tabletop is quite level and flat!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
24th Apr 2023 05:24:22

YES! My Old Wargames (28mm) Table is BIG enough to refight BIG ACW Battles!... (FLAT OR NOT!) Delighted in a way... It was a difficult decision to sell (years ago) all my 25mm Napoleonics and others... and go 6mm... it was not even done on purpose or at the same time... it was a consequence of buying POLEMOS ACW... LOL

Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
dourpuritan
25th Apr 2023 09:18:45

Some people can be very rude. It's nobody else's business how YOU decide to play YOUR games. Back in the late 60s and early 70s I played some great and memorable games of ACW, the Crimea, WWI and the Italian Wars on an old table tennis table with very little scenery.

A little goes a long way

Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
dourpuritan
25th Apr 2023 09:20:59

As an afterthought, I have just watched a Youtube video of Salute. Is it still a wargames show or is it now a model diorama show?

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
25th Apr 2023 10:37:31

Next time it would be Railway Trains and Tunels, Mountains covered with Pines, Swiss Chalets and what not!... to each is own I guess... Thanks for your suport!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
26th Apr 2023 12:57:05

End of the first attack by a Hooker's Division...                                        

As promised… a division of Hooker’s Corps goes forward, a Brigade simply refused to move so instead of 4 brigades only 3 make the attack… Confederates have their problems too. All that because one thing is “to move around in the countryside” and other to move against an enemy. (Dice involved simulated field of vision and local orography… but also excuses -read officer’s characteristics-to do not move…).

So I used red and blue dices to show the relative strength in numbers of Brigades. Those are added to a six sided dice result and there must be a real difference in pips to have a decisive result (one or two pips difference are ignored)… More in following attacks. Brigades have a tendency to stand or even recoil quite easily… more difficult to press attacks… There was even a case of enfilade fire that did not succeed!… I had fun (not guaranteed)!

As I have said before 4 turns is the maximum “time” (time is flexible again) a Brigade can stand on the frontline fighting… afterwards must retire tired even if victorious… some exceptions will be worked on further on. This is shown with the use of white and black mini dice. So in fact I micromanage the fights that seems “hours” to participants… while the rest of the Corps (both sides) await results.

Quite if not completely satisfied with the first experimental solo rules… ties where resolved with the turn of a card for each side… if that also (it did not happen) was a tie I have gone to the deck of ultra rare or unpredictable tides of war situations that happened in real life.

My kind of “game” is quite impartial and develops like a film or scene… I am an spectator of it… but I expect Armies to behave like the Historical one’s. So far so good.

More next days.

Enjoy!

Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
dourpuritan
26th Apr 2023 06:04:36

That is an interesting idea. I have only ever seen it used with regard to cavalry charges in other rules. Apparently horses tire but men don't. I assume that infact tiredness is included with increasing casualties, which again limits time on the front line for most units.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
28th Apr 2023 06:16:54

Hooker's second and third Divisions come forward supported by Artillery... countercharged by the Louisiana Tigers... among others... full acccount tomorrow in www.mytoysoldiersandme.com

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ANTIETAM 6mm
ironass
28th Apr 2023 08:17:32

Fighting in the cornfield... and having the time of my life!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS