Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > New bits and bobs for your delectation
TOPIC: New bits and bobs for your delectation
PM peter
Administrator
New bits and bobs for your delectation
peter
23rd May 2016 11:11:13

Some bits and some bobs...

23rd May 2016

We've added a couple of codes each to our War of Spanish Succession and World War 2 ranges.

The WSS range now includes pikemen

and French Dragoons

and dismounted Dragoons

These releases just about complete the resculpt of the WSS figures, although we are still awaiting the arrival of the final code which will be dismounted French Dragoons.  More details of the range if you click here

Moving through the centuries, there are a couple more additions to our nascent WW2 ranges in the form of US Bazooka teams

and German MMGs

You can get a better look at these and rest of the ranges if you click here

So what are we working on right now?  Glad you asked that one!

Firstly, good progress is being made on a few codes which when combined with our existing SYW and AWI codes will enable you to fight that good old favourite, the French and Indian Wars.   I hope to get some preview pics up very soon.

Meanwhile we've already got the next series of WW2 releases lined up, when at along last, the US army will get delivery of its machine guns, the Paras will be dropping in and German infantry in smocks will be pushed into the front line.   In addition to this, artillery pieces and crews can be seen approaching at a fast pace.   Once again, previews of these will be posted soon.

On the rules front, the layout on the next Polemos set is coming on nicely.  This volume, written by Glen Pearce,  will cover wars in the Americas, encompassing the FIW, AWI and war of 1812.   Once again, Mitchell Nolte has done a great job for us on the cover artwork.

In addition to all of this, all the FIW codes have scratched a long-standing itch of mine, and once the Polemos set is done and dusted, I will be completing the revamp of my very old but still very playable Ranger!  and Minuteman! rules.

Life is never idle here at Baccus HQ.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
24th May 2016 05:19:18

MARVELOUS. My excitement can't be contained. Paras and Germans in smocks. 3rd Army is on it's way to Bastogne already.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM BazzaB
Standard User
BazzaB
24th May 2016 07:28:32

The French And Indian War stuff has got me really excited! And Ranger. As I mentioned on TMP I have both Ranger and Minuteman (and Sepoy) but they are a bit tatty. In fact it was Ranger that got me into wargaming all those years ago with a variety of unsuitable 1/72 plastics. :-)

But the thought of fighting the FIW in 6mm has really grabbed my imagination. I skirmish it in 54mm at the moment but I have always hankered for the larger games refighting Quebec, Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry. The thought of a 6mm table with nice terrain with woods, hills, lakes, rivers and blockhouses being fought over by nicely painted 6mm figures has got me really motivated.

What troop types are you considering introducing?

Thanks

Bazza

PM peter
Administrator
peter
25th May 2016 08:43:29

Bazza,

Glad you liked the rules.   They were always written with an eye to enjoyment rather than a strict interpretation of history, and I think that in that they succeeded very well indeed. 

There's not much to add - CfDM and milice for the French and Light infantry and Rangers for the British.  Most of the other stuff can be proxed across nicely from the AWI and SYW ranges.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM BazzaB
Standard User
BazzaB
25th May 2016 08:41:09

Peter,

it sounds excellent! Can't wait.

Bazza

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Renaissance Turks? by sgarnerteng
20th Apr 2024

Little battles with Ancients by David Kay