Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Gurkhas
TOPIC: Gurkhas
PM njt236
Standard User
Gurkhas
njt236
7th Sep 2019 11:17:33

For the Indians that fought on the Western Foint 1914/15 I can use Great War Indians obviously, but what about the Gurkhas?  Perhaps dismounted Anzac cavalry

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
Gurkhas
monk2002uk
8th Sep 2019 04:09:11

Yes, that would be your best bet for Western Front uniforms. The dismounted Anzac cavalry have long sleeves and trousers, though the latter are partially covered by the high riding boots. Shouldn't be a problem given the scale. The emu plume will have to be removed from the slouch hats but it won't be too difficult.

It will be difficult to remove the over-the-shoulder ammo bandoliers but you could probably get away with just painting over these in the same colour as the uniform.

Robert

PM njt236
Standard User
Gurkhas
njt236
8th Sep 2019 11:16:18

Thanks Robert. I've taken a very close up look at the Anzac figures. Didn't realise they had the sculpted plumes. Shouldn't be a problem as there won't be that many bases to represent the Gurkhas. Have now seen the bandoliers as well. Can't have too much ammunition I suppose. 

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

LATEST FORUM POSTS

And you thought 6mm was small? by DuncanWB
11th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
11th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by hwiccee
11th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by GenWAnders
11th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by Mort53
10th May 2024