> Forums
Reply
1
> Rules > Other Rules > Adaptig to Osprey rules
TOPIC: Adaptig to Osprey rules
PM Brad1971
Standard User
Posts: 101
Adaptig to Osprey rules
Brad1971
6th Feb 2024 01:49:53

So in rules like Pike mens lament and For the men who would be kings where units are of say 12 figures do you just play with bases of multiple figures to represent one figure if using 6mm?   Thats the only way I think it can work in my mind at least.  Who has done this?


PM Mort53
Standard User
Posts: 68
Adaptig to Osprey rules
Mort53
7th Feb 2024 11:51:30

I have the Men Who Would be Kings and I plan to use the 3,2,1 basing method (see my post in Painting & Modelling, there is a link in my last post).  Ahead of receiving my order I've done a few tests with counters etc. and the only downside is the number of bases you need to move but as a solo player this doesn’t bother me.  I’ve not yet worked out the actual bases sizes I’ll use as I’ll do that once I have the figures e.g. what looks good & would several 3,2,1 bases equate to 1 big one etc.

1 base of 12 (12) or 6 bases (1,1,2,2,3,3) 

3,2,1 as Ted would say, would allow a unit to be as big or small as you wanted 


Mort

there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower 

PM steve_holmes_11
Standard User
Posts: 17
Adaptig to Osprey rules
steve_holmes_11
11th Jun 2025 11:10:24

You could certainly create bases with one or more strips of 6mm, then treat these as "figures" as per the rules.

It may not produce the appearance you seek, the rules emphasize spreading the bases out (unless in close order). So you won't betvthe impression of a neatly dressed batallia.


Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Adaptig to Osprey rules
dourpuritan
12th Jun 2025 02:25:00

I initially played TFL's Dux Brittaniarum in 10mm with three figures on a 28mm figure's circular base. It worked well and actually looked like an army.


A little goes a long way

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer