Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
1... 34
> Rules > Other Rules > WW2
TOPIC: WW2
PM Ray29
Standard User
WW2
Ray29
10th May 2021 07:06:59

Hi everyone, I've been using and enjoying a set of rules that I purchased from Wargame Vault- All Hell Let Loose. There also a series of excellent YouTube clips explaining the rules. https://www.allhellletloose.co.uk/2021/04/modifying-unit-stats-and-creating-your.html

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
WW2
chopperboydan
11th May 2021 08:05:56

I'm going with All Hell Let Loose :)

USUTHU!

PM njt236
Standard User
WW2
njt236
12th May 2021 02:05:40

Hi Ray,

Those rules could be worth getting. Could you tell me what stats are included for AFV's. eg Tiger 1E. Does it have just a fire power stat and a defensive stat or something more complex like armour values, armour penetration etc

Nigel 

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Charles the Modeller
Standard User
WW2
Charles the Modeller
18th May 2021 07:14:17

Nigel, the stats for All Hell Let Loose are straightforward with a single defensive value, a value for effectiveness of attacks - with a separate modifier for Attacks against infantry and vehicles. The rules are designed for players to control up to 60 models in a game that can finish in a night so there are no complex tables. There are however additional mechanisms that affect combat including the activation system as well as the use of keywords. For the Tiger 1E it has an armour value of 12, anti infantry +1, anti vehicle +7 and the keywords slow and optics. Optics means that the tiger does not suffer a penalty for firing at long range. The game is designed to be added to by players so adding more complexity into the system is straightforward. I wrote the article on the blog Ray referred to which covers this in more detail. 
CtM

PM njt236
Standard User
WW2
njt236
18th May 2021 01:59:24

Thanks Charles

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

1... 34

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by dourpuritan
23rd Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by njt236
22nd Apr 2024

Renaissance Turks? by Rittmeister_Krefeld