> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
TOPIC: Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
ironass
9th Nov 2019 12:25:56

After much consulting reference books I have got to the conclusion that the two uniforms were already coexistant by 1806... so do like me get French Voltigeurs and at a strecht cut the plume out... the rest is a painting job. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ALL the changes of uniform of the Napoleonic era. So I wont pester Peter about that no more... no more... no more


PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Posts: 500
Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
Whirlwind
9th Nov 2019 12:51:40

Ironass,

I wouldn't quite give up on it.  I would just wait until the next time Peter is looking at the Napoleonic range and ask then.  After all, troops in French cut uniforms with side-plumes would be useful for Dutch and Swiss troops too, IIRC.


Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Posts: 921
Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
ironass
17th Nov 2019 08:58:45

Whirlwind,  just got my copy of LES SUISSES AU SERVICE DE LA FRANCE by HEIMDAL soon on amazon I guess... not have been able to see side plumes on them at all ... but I guess at some time maybe the light companies could have indulged on that fashion too. If I fall again with Napoleonics (quite resisting nowadays) I think I will go for the frontal plume for light cos. No info about Dutch side plumes... 1815?... Cheers.

 


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer