> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Expanding Republican Roman Range?
TOPIC: Expanding Republican Roman Range?
PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Posts: 64
Expanding Republican Roman Range?
Steffen1988
8th Mar 2020 06:16:29

Hi Folks,

there are some Models, I miss in the Republican Roman Range.

-Hastati/Principes with Hasta

-Principes with Pilum in Mail

-Principes with Swords in Mail

-Leves (pre Velites Skimishers)

-Cavalry in Mail with Boetian Helmets

What do you think?


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Expanding Republican Roman Range?
peter
9th Mar 2020 10:17:31

I have no plans to expand the Republican range at the moment, so the only real hope for any of these would be via a fulfilled Baccstarter.  With regards to Hastati in mail, I always thought that this class of citizen was generally not wealthy enough to purchase this very expensive form or armour.

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Expanding Republican Roman Range?
David Kay
18th Oct 2020 01:06:34

Depending on how precisely accurate you want to be, you could use some figures from either the Greek / Macedonian ranges or the Marian legionaires. With a bit of filing or chopping they might pass off for the real thing from a distance.


PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Expanding Republican Roman Range?
David Kay
19th Oct 2020 08:05:57

Alternatively - you could look at the Rapier Miniatures (ooh - heresy!) range. They have some figures both in and beyond their Rebuplican range which might fit. The figures are fairly compatible and I've used some of the Princeps models in mail armed with pilum as Imperial auxiliaries and even cut the shields off some to use as archers.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer