> Forums
Reply
12
> General > BaccStarter > Missing Options in Antiquity Range
TOPIC: Missing Options in Antiquity Range
PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Posts: 64
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
Steffen1988
21st Nov 2020 09:36:21

Wrong Hamata for that Period.

What I see for Imperial Romans:


-Legionaries in Mail

-Legionaries/Auxillaries with Niederbieber Helmets 3rd Century (optiomal)

-Auxillary Archer in Western Style

-Auxillary Cavalry with Niederbieber Helmets 3rd Century (optional)

-Scorpion with Crew in Mail

-Late Roman Infantry with Spangenhelmets

-Late Roman Cavalry with Spangehelmets

-Scorpion with Late Crew

-Late Roman Commanders

As already said, Legionaries in Mail & Auxillary Archers in Western Style would be the most important.


PM GinJapan
Standard User
Posts: 2
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
GinJapan
27th Nov 2020 01:22:57

 

No Antiquity, but for the Samurai ranges there are a few things that would really be good to see.

Early samurai:

Samurai on foot with naginata.

Followers with bows      
 

Sengoku range:

Ronin 

Peasants. We always need more peasants....


PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Posts: 64
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
Steffen1988
4th Dec 2020 09:16:22

NIce would be some more Siege weapons like Gastapaetes and Onager.


PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
Posts: 75
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
Baron Clenawly
4th Dec 2020 02:31:56

With my next project being Punic Wars, could I second the above suggestion for Siege engines. This would include Battering Rams and Siege towers as well as the missle firing variety.

I stand corrected if wrong, but only think Irregular Miniatures makes them presently.

 

As Peter likes an indication of numbers for sales, I would commit to a couple of Rams, 4 Towers  8 stone throwers and 4 Dart projecting weapons.

 

Stay safe!


PM David Kay
Standard User
Posts: 273
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
David Kay
5th Dec 2020 08:41:36

I've used a Magister Militum 10mm stone thrower has heavy artillery for my Romans. Looks OK even though I did glue the throwing arm on the wrong way up. And I've used some of the early Greek catapults as heavier bolt / light stone throwers more generically in a few armies.

I'm investigating options for other seige equipment, and apart from Irregulars haven't spotted anything yet and so might resort to to getting some 3d printed or scratch built


PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
Posts: 75
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
Baron Clenawly
5th Dec 2020 03:25:59

Thanks for the suggestions made David. I'll look them up.


12
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer