> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Missing Samurai
TOPIC: Missing Samurai
PM frnqtr
Standard User
Posts: 3
Missing Samurai
frnqtr
24th May 2015 10:00:08

At Peter's urging, I'm starting this thread to see how many agree with me  

Baccus' excellent "Age of War" samurai line seems to be missing quite an important piece. Ashigaru arquebus troops are offered, but the samurai also fielded troops with the arquebus, both mounted and on foot. Who, besides me, would like to see this omission in the line remedied?


PM n815e
Standard User
Posts: 5
Missing Samurai
n815e
9th Feb 2017 09:55:34

I know I am two years late, but I would.


PM Katana_bob
Standard User
Posts: 16
Missing Samurai
Katana_bob
10th Feb 2017 10:52:57

I don't know how I missed this first time around... Me too, me too :-)

I'm currently working on a Samurai project, and had resigned myself to the prospect of having to do some conversions. I think this is probably still the case for now, but long term?

I'd also like to see open handed Ashigaru spearmen (so I can give them the extra long yari), Ashigaru with just a sword, Samurai (mounted and on foot) with bow (I know they are in the earlier period, but I need some in the age of war period armour). Maybe Peter can look at adding these in 2018?? :-)

Cheers,

Rob


PM n815e
Standard User
Posts: 5
Missing Samurai
n815e
11th Feb 2017 04:43:13

(Don't forget peasants with spears and peasant with farm implements.)


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Missing Samurai
peter
14th Feb 2017 10:16:47

I don't know if you know the way that this works, but if you can get enough people to commit to buying packs I will get requests into production.  We're looking at a commitment of about 60 packs per code, so if you want them get agitating!


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM wakelessrex
Standard User
Posts: 23
Missing Samurai
wakelessrex
27th Jul 2017 01:59:16

Id get any new samurai lines, especially civilians and militia. Or characters, that sort of thing.


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Missing Samurai
peter
14th Aug 2017 07:09:21

I will repeat the rules.  To see any hope of translating words into actions, I really need to see some actual commitments to types of packs and numbers you would buy.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer