> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Napolionics and bases
TOPIC: Napolionics and bases
PM Goffik
Standard User
Posts: 1
Napolionics and bases
Goffik
14th Jun 2015 05:33:16

Hi everyone,

I am looking at starting some 6mm projects, namely Napoleonic. I was wondering what size bases the units need to be based on or is it solely dependant on the rule-set as this site sells bases of one size, but other sites show bases of other sizes.

Any information will be greatly appriciated.

Cheers,

Goffik


Email Extra Crispy PM Extra Crispy
Standard User
Posts: 109
Napolionics and bases
Extra Crispy
14th Jun 2015 11:14:31

Hello Goffik:

The Baccus strips are 20mm wide so I base all my Baccus on 20x20mm metal (steel) bases. When I play a Poleomos style game, I make 60mm wide bases with sheet magnet and just put three steel bases on this larger base. Then I can very easily cut magnet bases to size for whatever rules set we're playing that week.

Mark


Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
ScaleCreep.com
DeepFriedHappyMice.com

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posts: 1244
Napoleonics and bases
dourpuritan
15th Jun 2015 10:46:55

It very much depends on what you want to model - brigades, regiments, battalions? I am most likely to go for 60mmx6omm for rules such as Volley and Bayonet, The Painting Shed, Blucher and of course Polemos.


A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
Posts: 441
Napolionics and bases
njt236
15th Jun 2015 02:08:36

I base 60mm frontage regardless of rulesets.


Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

                G S Patton

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer