> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Width of awi bases
TOPIC: Width of awi bases
PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
Width of awi bases
peter
20th Feb 2024 11:11:51

If you are referring to the photographs used in the catalogue, they are 60mm x 30mm.


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM minipaintermatt
Standard User
Posts: 9
Width of awi bases
minipaintermatt
2nd Sep 2024 07:56:05

I am working on an AWI project that is focused on British Grenadier, but I find the basing works for a lot of different rulesets.  My method is to replicate the frontage of the bases used for 28mm figures, but using 6mm figs for the mass effect and less unit depth.  Its an expesive way to go, because you only get like 1 unit from a Baccus pack, but I am very happy with the result (at least for my purposes).  

I am doing 40x15mm for the formed infantry bases.  Each represents 4x 28mm figures as would be mounted on a 40x40mm base.  I have some 20x15mm bases which represent 2x 28mm figures that can be used to reflect casualties or odd-sized units.  4-5 bases per regiment/brigade.  I am generally not painting facing colors on my redcoats, so that the diferent units can be easily represented simply by swapping out command bases with different colors. 

Skirmishers are mounted on 20x15 or 25x20 bases with 2-3 6mm figures on each.  Each represents a single 28mm skirmisher figure.

I am mounting 3 6mm cavalry figures on 25x20mm bases, each of whch represents 1x 28mm cavalry figure.   

For artillery, I am doing 60mmx30mm bases with 2 guns and crews on each.  

It makes sense to me at least!  

If I could figure out how to post photos on this site, I would.


PM minipaintermatt
Standard User
Posts: 9
Width of awi bases
minipaintermatt
2nd Sep 2024 08:40:05


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer