> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > Risorgimento
TOPIC: Risorgimento
PM Volleyfire!
Standard User
Posts: 18
Risorgimento
Volleyfire!
17th Sep 2016 01:58:12

Just a request for Piedmontese light cavalry with lances please. Since they made up about half of the Piedmont light cavalry regiments they're pretty important.


PM JeffNNN
Standard User
Posts: 3
Risorgimento
JeffNNN
17th Sep 2016 08:49:53

I simply used the heavy ones and filed down the helmets into Kepis. In 6mm I think it works ok. Which regiments do you think were lance armed?


PM Volleyfire!
Standard User
Posts: 18
Risorgimento
Volleyfire!
17th Sep 2016 10:15:51

Lance armed;   5th Novara Lancers, 6th Aosta, 10th Milano, 12thMontebello, 13th Firenze, 14th Vittorio Emanuele, 17th Foggia.

Light cavalry; 7th Saluzzo, 8th Monferrarato, 9th Alessandria, 11th Lodi, 15th Lucca, 18th Caserta.


PM JeffNNN
Standard User
Posts: 3
Risorgimento
JeffNNN
18th Sep 2016 02:04:30

Ah, of course you're doing 1866 I presume, lots more "Piedmontese" regiments. I tend to think more of 1859 and really need to work my way through the book I bought from (I think) Caliver a while ago 'L'Esercito Piemontese'. It was quite expensive and it was only after it arrived that I discovered it only covered the Cavalry. It's roughly Osprey format/style though a few more pages, which include illustration captions in English. As I've only just started yr 2 of my U3A Italian course the text reading goes slowly but I'll get there.


PM Volleyfire!
Standard User
Posts: 18
Risorgimento
Volleyfire!
18th Sep 2016 10:48:53

Basically I'm building a generic army that will do 1859 -1866. I've got the two L'Esercito books from Caliver, the infantry one unfortunately is all in Italian, even the notes on the colour plates which makes things a bit difficult. Osprey's book(s) on the uniforms isn't due out until 2017, Autumn possibly so it's a case of doing a lot of detective work. I used Bitter Victory as the source for the units above. Its all in English (hooray) and is an excellent reference with OOB, equipment and uniform guides and plenty of colour plates.


1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer