> Forums
Reply
1
> General > BaccStarter > models in Marian Roman Army Pack
TOPIC: models in Marian Roman Army Pack
PM Cwen
Standard User
Posts: 4
models in Marian Roman Army Pack
Cwen
14th Feb 2018 01:24:50

Hi there.

Just looking for a breakdown of the models (strips) in the Hail Caesar Marian Roman Army Pack. I'm looking at basing options, and was thinking of basing the lines at 3 ranks deep (for aesthetic purposes), and I need to know how many additional items I need to look at.

Cheers,

Craig.


PM Cwen
Standard User
Posts: 4
models in Marian Roman Army Pack
Cwen
14th Feb 2018 04:37:12

Sorry for more questions, but if someone could also let me know what strips are in the early Republic Hail Caesar box as well, I would be very greatful.

Cheers, 

Craig.


PM peter
Administrator
Posts: 1013
models in Marian Roman Army Pack
peter
15th Feb 2018 04:19:08

Craig,

The contents of the Marian army are listed on the site as follows:

Hail Caesar Marian Roman Army Pack

  • 9 units of Legionaries (ARR7/8)
  • 2 units of Scutarii (ASP1)
  • 1 units of Gallic Infantry (ACE1)
  • 2 small units of Caetratii (ASP2)
  • 4 small units of Javelin skirmishers (ACE3)
  • 2 small units of slingers (ASP3)
  • 1 unit of Gallic cavalry (ACE2)
  • 1 small unit of Moorish cavalry (AMO3)
  • 3 Commanders

Unit sizes are:

  • Close order infantry units = 48 figures
  • Close order cavalry units = 18 figures
  • Small HI/MI infantry units = 16 figures
  • Small infantry units = 8 figures
  • Small cavalry units = 6 figures
  • Elephants, Chariots and bolt throwers = 1 model.

 

Therefore, the legionaries are close order infantry units.  These are 48 figures (12 strips) strong,  The pack contains 9 units of these with a mixture of ARR7 and ARR8.  

You can work through the rest of the list in the same way to get the exact compositions.

Cheers

Peter

 

 


I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

1
 

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Egyptian Chariots by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by peter
29th Sep 2026

Turnbacks on British SYW Soldiers by Wallenstein
28th Sep 2026

Formatting has returned! by MicroScouse
26th Sep 2026

Insertion Tools by David Kay
25th Sep 2026

UPCOMING SHOWS

The Other Partizan (Newark Showground, Newark)
11th Oct 2026

Fiasco (Royal Armouries, Leeds)
25th Oct 2026

Warfare (Farnborough Exhibition Centre)
14th Nov 2026-15th Nov 2026

Battleground (Stockton on Tees)
29th Nov 2026

LATEST RELEASES

miss - miss


WBT49 -  Churchill NA75WBT49
Churchill NA75

WGP88 - JgPzVI FerdinandWGP88
JgPzVI Ferdinand

WGP53V - PzVG Panther veteransWGP53V
PzVG Panther veterans

WGG06 - sIG33 auf berge HetzerWGG06
sIG33 auf berge Hetzer