Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Joy of 6?
TOPIC: Joy of 6?
PM IainF
Standard User
Joy of 6?
IainF
11th Apr 2020 03:11:37

I know it is still a way off but the way things are going does everyone think we will be allowed to have massed gatherings by the beginning of July?

Obviously I'd love for it to be on (I'm in most vulnerable group so very keen for things to get back to normal believe me!), but realistically I'm thinking August might be more likely for things to get back to a very reduced form of normality as people aren't suddenly going to be ok because 3 months is up. Apologies for spreading negative waves but just curious what people are thinking.

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Joy of 6?
Colin the Wargamer
17th Apr 2020 06:30:11

Dear Iain.  As organiser of the now postponed BBB Bash Day 2020, my experience was that this is a painful decision to make, one that will be delayed to the last minute...   I can only say that I'll support whatever decision is made by Pete over Joy of Six.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst is probably the most appropriate policy.  I'm hoping that life will be less restricted in the summer!

PM peter
Administrator
Joy of 6?
peter
18th Apr 2020 10:52:34

We are still planning and working in the expectation that JOS will go ahead.   There are a couple of big 'howevers'.   The University is holding a runnng series of meetings to decide their policy with regards to hosted events.  They have already cancelled all of these for April and May, but are currently more optimistic for June and July.   The other huge 'however' is that we cannot predict the course of events and whether it will be feasible to gatherings such as JOS to be staged.

We will update everyone as soon as we know more - in the meantime, we are continuing to work on things behind the scenes.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Leftblank
Standard User
Joy of 6?
Leftblank
20th Apr 2020 04:28:10

I just read that Crisis 2020 in Antwerp has been canceled. I hope that JOS will go ahead, normal boat trips from Holland to the UK are relatively cheap. I would consider a second Hastings or Glorious Revolution to conquer Sheffield.

http://amsterdam6shooters.nl 

"The tin soldier melted down into a lump, and the next morning, when the maid servant took the ashes out of the stove, she found him in the shape of a little tin heart." - Hans Christiaan Andersen - The Brave Tin Soldier

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
Joy of 6?
monk2002uk
21st Apr 2020 05:21:29

Thanks for the update, Peter. And for the figures that arrived yesterday. Colonial Egyptian infantry with fez, which will proxy for Ottoman Jendarma in the Gallipoli demo game for JoS. Fingers crossed - for the health of the Nation as much as JoS, not that the show isn't up there...

Robert

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Joy of 6?
LEmpereur
21st Apr 2020 06:56:10

Too bad... We had like to go this year... as We have a so very time last year !

To see the new workshop, 6mm addict... and have a beer with Igor in the pub ! ;-)

But, We are affraid than Brexit and Covid 19 kill this project !

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

And you thought 6mm was small? by Mort53
10th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by peter
10th May 2024

Camels by David Kay
10th May 2024

1066 and all that by dourpuritan
9th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
8th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS