Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Back to look at Baccus again
TOPIC: Back to look at Baccus again
PM Z0rro
Standard User
Back to look at Baccus again
Z0rro
9th Oct 2020 11:57:08

Too much time to think about thanks to COVID and looking for other input.

BLUF: moving from a 5 bedroom house with large basement to two bedroom apaprtment means I have too many miniatures for storage space.  My initial plan was to move to 3mm/6mm/15mm figures for aerial, mass battle, and skirmish...

Sadly I am beginning beginning to think "Dumpster" time...  And I have done that before so that is not an idle case of histrionics.

Yes, after much winnowing of stuff (over two thousand miniatures given away over several years and) recent fire sale pricing at a local shop for several months here is where I am:

War games Miniatures  (as opposed to FRPG Miniatures which is another separate issue) on hand in order of interest;

25/28mm

King Phillip’s War  using “MOTW” (Matchlocks on the Warpath) rules and no 6mm appropriate figures to replace them...

WW2 PTO platoon sized “Bolt Action” (for lack of better rules) no one locally open to other "scales" or rules except one person who is out of state for long periods for work.  No ETO (especially East Front) or MTO gaming plans.  PTO is where my interests lie exclusively.

Nationalist Chinese for Shanghai scenarios  no 6mm appropriate figures to replace them...
    IJA paratroops  no 6mm appropriate figures to replace them...
    US Army PTO - No, USMC is not what I want but thanks.
    Dutch Colonial  no 6mm appropriate figures to replace them...

Peter said he is not planning on some of these.  Sad face emoji.

FantasyChainmail or Warlord”  sized large skirmish or small Battles (I have two sizes of Iron Wind/Ral Partha figures for Mountain and Hill Dwarf/Gnome) and using Soldado de Cuera for gunpowder technology humans.  (collected from 1974 thru 2019)

15/18mm
Fantasy/Historical armies (includes Tercios) Legacy figures from the last few years on hold currently because most players locally insist on larger sizes.

Dwarf
     Elf
     Goblin
     Human - using Spanish Renaissance Tercios

6mm
Fantasy Mass Battle armies (Legacy) exclusively Baccus using Chainmail rules

3mm
Aircraft of WW1 and WW2 which I really find the sweet spot for aerial games IMNSHO. 

It seems likely that I am at a dead end in some ways.  ?Your thoughts?

Gracias, 

Glenn

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
10th Oct 2020 08:25:57

Hi,

Would late WW1 Germans not work for Nationalist Chinese?

1/300 aircraft vs 1/600 aircraft would depend for me entirely on what kind of stuf you aimed to do.

PM Z0rro
Standard User
Z0rro
11th Oct 2020 05:34:30

Maybe since the nationalist Chinese best troops at the battles around Shanghai are the German trained ones.

Thanks.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Bloody big battles basing by dourpuritan
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
1st May 2024

Vanquish show 6mm game by Estarriol
1st May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
30th Apr 2024