Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > es, it Yes, it is ‘that’ time of year again…
TOPIC: es, it Yes, it is ‘that’ time of year again…
PM peter
Administrator
Yes, it is ‘that’ time of year again…
peter
23rd Dec 2020 12:15:20

I have prised the ladles out of the hands of the casting team and told them to go home for a well-earned and well-deserved Christmas break.    It has been a hard year for everyone in lots of ways, and our best wishes go out to all for the festive season.   I think that we are all going to make the best of Christmas this year, and even one of our soon-to-be-released Panthers is joining in as it dons suitable seasonal garb.

It has been no secret that we at Baccus have been under a lot of pressure this year and this has had knock-on effects.   For a change, I would like to take the chance to introduce you to the staff here at Team Baccus so that you can put faces to the people who have been working behind the scenes to produce the little men.

Firstly, we have John.    His main role is a caster, but his very wide range of fixing and practical skills have been invaluable in helping us expand and develop our workshop facilities, not least recently in pretty well single handedly installing our new (fourth) casting machine.

Our second caster is Tony, the newest recruit.  He has been with us since October and has really worked hard to get on top of a technically difficult and at times physically demanding job.  He is an experienced modeller and he has already put a lot of his technical expertise at our disposal which will bear fruit in some exciting 2021 releases.

The third member of the workshop team is Andrew.    He is our principal straight-line modeller and mould maker.   He is overseeing the expansion of our 20th vehicle ranges as well as items such as the waggons for the new Pony Wars range.   You will be seeing a lot more of his work in the coming months.

Keeping us all in line is Lindy who organises rotas, ensures that we observe health and safety measures, does the packing and invoicing of orders and generally keeps the place going behind the scenes.  On a personal level, I have to say a big, ‘Thanks’, to her, as this year she has put her own business on hold as she had helped me out during the conditions put on us by Covid.

Finally there is me.  My main role is as Head Grinch.   This consists of being miserable, niggardly, drinking lots of coffee and watching others work. 

Behind the workshop crew, there are many others all who make Baccus what it is:  Our long-suffering accountant, Gill, needs special mention for putting up with what is jokingly called my ‘financial record keeping’.   The website needs careful tending by Stewart.   Without the talents of Martin, Tony or Vijay there would be no little men or models.    

The other vital part of the team is all the people who place orders, and whose patience has been sorely tried this year.    Without you all, there would be no Baccus 6mm.

To all of the above, (bar the Grinch), I’d like to say ‘Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!’

I’ll be back around the turn of the year with the 2021 predictions.  

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
es, it Yes, it is ‘that’ time of year again…
LEmpereur
24th Dec 2020 11:45:34

Beautifull Panther!

Bravo!

Happy Christmas to everyone... even to Peter the Grinch ! ;-)

People who work... can't know how it is difficult to look at them... when, yourself, you don't work! ;-)

We are waiting for the next reopening !

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
es, it Yes, it is ‘that’ time of year again…
Whirlwind
24th Dec 2020 07:02:58

Merry Christmas to all at Baccus Megacorp!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS