Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > My last post
TOPIC: My last post
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
My last post
dourpuritan
5th Feb 2021 08:03:49

Hear, hear l'Empereur - chapeau!

A little goes a long way

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
My last post
LEmpereur
5th Feb 2021 08:21:55

It could be only one!

;-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM gsayhi
Standard User
My last post
gsayhi
5th Feb 2021 10:26:25

Dear Ascarin,

I'm new to the hobby and to the forum. I would find it sad to see anyone go as it is hard enough to find face to face hobby fans let alone distant ones. 

As for bad manners in the forum, isn't there someone who moderates the forum as I see in other games?

Respectfully,

Gsayhi

PM Philhellene
Standard User
My last post
Philhellene
5th Feb 2021 11:32:34

One thing I have noticed in my short time around forums discussing historical wargaming (including a certain dreaded website) is that they do occasionally erupt into small wars between two or more users surrounding minute details.

I feel that the argument that sprung up around basing a bit ridiculous, although it does point to some wider issues in the hobby regarding standardisation that makes GW games so much easier to get into (if we ignore their ridiculous prices) in comparison to historical wargaming's 9+ different scales and hundreds of wargames and settings for a relatively small pool of potential hobbyists.

Like Gsayhi I'm somewhat new to the hobby, and while we haven't talked before I think we will certainly miss you since we definitely need a larger community around 6mm wargaming.

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
My last post
I am a spambot
6th Feb 2021 05:02:17

@Ascarin - Sorry to hear that you have had problems.  You have my sympathy.  There have been times when I have had to grit my teeth and avoid this forum for a while.  One example was after someone asked several questions about Napoleonics.  For rule recommendations, I suggested DBN (a simple set based partly upon DBA principals).  Those were the rules that I was using and enjoying at the time.  A currently active forum member trashed DBN without giving reasons as to why, except saying something to the effect that Phil Barker's rules had caused him many unhappy times.  He didn't say why he didn't like Phil Barker's rules.  I don't understand why he played them on multiple occaisions if he so disliked them.  He didn't appear to understand that DBN was not written by Phil Barker or anyone associated with him, which made me beleve that he had never even seen the rules.

Different people have likes and dislikes with regard to wargames rules.  However, telling someone to "just throw DBN away" didn't come across as useful advice and didn't meet the minimum level of courtesy that I hope for in forums that I can be bothered to participate in.

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
My last post
I am a spambot
6th Feb 2021 05:11:29

@Nick the Lemming - "you aren't in charge of the forum; please stop threatening posters and ordering them to stop posting here. And please try to be more polite, civil and less misleading."

Excellent advice!  Perhaps you would consider following it yourself sometime?

PM mluiesp
Standard User
My last post
mluiesp
6th Feb 2021 04:33:12

Vive le Empereur!

PM mluiesp
Standard User
My last post
mluiesp
6th Feb 2021 04:35:55

Hi Ascarin, return when you are reading, stuff happens on forums. Just focus on the good parts and follow Epictetus when the going gets rough mate. By Epictetus I mean the philosopher (just in case there's some user named Epictetus :) )

Looking forward to have you back,

MIguel

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
My last post
LEmpereur
6th Feb 2021 05:10:05

Viva Miguel !

;-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS