Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > My last post
TOPIC: My last post
PM Ascarin
Standard User
My last post
Ascarin
5th Feb 2021 11:14:13

As the title says, this will be my last post on the Baccus forum. I find that there are individuals on this forum who are too toxic and on many occasions (I'm sure unintentionally) hijack other peoples threads to get into arguments over what others consider to be minor details or insulting each others knowledge of the periods they play.

Having come from a Games Workshop background, this "one upmanship" has been a massive put off on getting into the community in any large way for me, which is a shame as I absolutely love the minis and scale. 

I would suggest that a lot of people on here need to think long and hard about their treatment of others as your behaviour is off putting for new people joining the hobby.

Little Wars TV has recently launched a campaign on attracting people to the hobby, the Baccus forum needs to consider this as well.

Peter

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
My last post
dourpuritan
5th Feb 2021 01:38:02

A pity that, Peter, as  this recent spat has been the first incidence of this I have come across on the Baccus forum. Maybe because my main interests are rather niche and so I don't actually read most forum posts. However I think such behaviour should be confronted and those who engage in it acknowledge that it is quite unnecessary and not what this type of forum is for. It is perhaps unfortunate that wargaming does seem to attract more than its fair share of men (it is always men) who feel compelled to tell others that they are wrong about this or that, especially when they are never likely to even meet that person, let alone play against them. This is the reason I now play solo and base and paint my figures how I like. I also no longer post photos of my games and figures on the net, only on a whatsapp chat to friends in another country.

A little goes a long way

PM Ryan
Standard User
My last post
Ryan
5th Feb 2021 02:20:36

How does people leaving make things better? :)

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
My last post
Nick the Lemming
5th Feb 2021 02:33:11

Please don't leave; the only arguments I've seen over 6mm wargaming (here and in the various faceook, google, io groups etc) have been when Glenn tries to impose his views and shout everyone else down, threaten them with explusion, etc. If he moderated his claims and stuck to simply suggesting his own basing style rather than claim it's the only one that can be used, and acknowledges that different groups have their own preferences, and that different rules sets have their own suggestions, and that these are worth following, then we would never have any problems here; as it is, his insistence causes trouble and arguments where none need be.

I for one apologise for my part in this argument, which as I say, is needless. But if someone offers misleading advice, I (and others, here and elsewhere) will raise my voice to point out that it's misleading.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
My last post
Glenn Pearce
5th Feb 2021 02:40:24

Hello Peter!

If true you probably won't read this. I am, however, sorry to see you go.

All forums are toxic to some degree. In some forums people behaving badly is almost a daily occurrence. Others can see it happen multiple times in one day. I think you may have only seen one or two last year and only one so far this year. So Baccus record in this area is outstanding and has long been recognized as a place where people are treated with respect and behave like gentlemen.

Some people cross the line and refuse to treat others with respect and behave like gentlemen. When this happens there really are only two options, give them a warning or simply toss them out. Baccus knows that all forums attract people who misbehave, some intentionally and others just get caught up in the moment. In most cases Baccus is comfortable with just giving a warning and telling the violators about their infractions. Some, however, have just been removed outright and their messages erased. Yesterdays incident involved an individual who has been warned before.

Baccus is well known for its outstanding and continuing efforts to attract people into the hobby. It has promoted Little Wars TV and also made contributions to at least one major project.

Enjoy your hobby,

Glenn

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
My last post
Nick the Lemming
5th Feb 2021 02:58:51

Glenn, you aren't in charge of the forum; please stop threatening posters and ordering them to stop posting here. And please try to be more polite, civil and less misleading. 

PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
My last post
Baron Clenawly
5th Feb 2021 05:42:33

Hello Peter,

I have been a contributer and viewer of the Forum for several years now and through it have gained friendly helpful advice and feedback on a number of topics.

My own views and suggestions are posted with the intention of 'putting them out there' for others to adopt, or not, whatever their choosing.

Personally, I feel the benefits keep me here.

Best wishes.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
My last post
Glenn Pearce
5th Feb 2021 05:54:40

Nick, I can't believe that you simply won't leave this alone. Making another full blown insulting statement on a thread where the individual has stated that he is leaving as a direct result of your behaviour. What kind of person does that? What part of behaving in a respectfull and gentlemen like manner do you not understand?

PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
My last post
Nick the Lemming
5th Feb 2021 05:58:30

Glenn, please see my previous post, and please stop trolling.

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
My last post
LEmpereur
5th Feb 2021 06:11:21

Gentlemen... as nobody blow the final whistle on the forum!

I allow myself to intervene, even if it is not my role here ... but you tired me!
And I must not be the only one!

To keep this forum fun to visit and keep visitors ... can you continue your battle with private message!

May calm and wisdom return to these pages!
Thank you !

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS