Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > July 4th - The Joy of Virtual Six
TOPIC: July 4th - The Joy of Virtual Six
PM peter
Administrator
July 4th - The Joy of Virtual Six
peter
17th Jun 2021 08:40:37

The word 'disappointed' doesn't begin to describe how we felt when we had to cancel the Joy of Six for the second year running.   From the messages that we received, we know that feeling was shared with many of you who had been planning the annual pilgrimage to Sheffield.   We can't replace the unique experience that is JOS, but what we are doing this year is to bring you the Joy of Virtual Six.

With the invaluable help of Sean Clark of the Gods Own Scale podcast, the Baccus team will be hosting an online Joy of Virtual Six.   We will be including the usual elements of the show, such as Dr Mike's Painting Clinic and the Sunday afternoon panel session.   There will be a chance for traders to show off their wares and plenty of opportunities for you to ask them questions and interact with them.   We will have some great games on display and, again, you will get the chance to interact with the teams who stage them on and find out more about the games and what it took to put them together,

We'll be posting more details as we get nearer to the big day, but for the moment, get the day marked in your diaries and get your fix of the Joy of Virtual Six!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM gsayhi
Standard User
gsayhi
17th Jun 2021 09:59:29

Can you also give an update as to what order number you are at?

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
18th Jun 2021 06:55:01

That is great news (specially for those who have real problems to atend phisically at a normal Joy of Six!), now can yo be more precise "technically"... guess we all have computers (more or less)... but how we do connect to that?... how to make contributions?... old timers like me do hate a bit that bit about technical stuff but with time we can be helped by our offspring to manage if properly told what to do. So, please try to make an effort that way! It would be nice not to simply "watch".

PM rbatch
Standard User
rbatch
18th Jun 2021 08:51:39

I must admit it would have been better for those of us out towards the international dateline in Asia and Australasia if the Joy of Six had been on the Saturday. It would have been Saturday night/Sunday morning for us. Its going to be Suday night/Monday morning which really doesn't work well.

Cheers,

Rhys

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
18th Jun 2021 08:54:51

Very good news... the is no football match this sunday! 

;-)

We can't wait for the details... As soon as We have them We can communicate this good news!

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM rbatch
Standard User
rbatch
18th Jun 2021 10:49:16

They are behind Europe, so would be fine with either day (just in the middle of the night, but with no monday morning start).

PM Colin the Wargamer
Standard User
Colin the Wargamer
20th Jun 2021 08:50:50

Spookily, I hadn'y deleted it from my calendar - now I can actually go there (virtually)!  I am looking forward to the 4th!  

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
20th Jun 2021 02:02:22

Fancy being made to go into work the day after celebrating Independence Day. Something definitely awry with the US work ethic.

A little goes a long way

PM Trebian
Standard User
Trebian
21st Jun 2021 09:02:06

Damn! Clashes with COW again this year. Best of luck with the event.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
25th Jun 2021 08:38:12

Sorry, but the date is fixed.  Too many participants already have that in their calendars and arrangements have been made.  I'll be releasing details of how to access JOVS very shortly.  We've got a full day with input from traders, gamers and 'names' all contributing.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS