Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Best Period to get into 6mm?
TOPIC: Best Period to get into 6mm?
PM bartorzech2
Standard User
Best Period to get into 6mm?
bartorzech2
27th Aug 2023 02:18:25

Thanks everyone for the replies! I found the big battle pdf for ravenfeast. 

Hmm, I think I'll be able to narrow down my choices.

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
29th Aug 2023 10:36:41

Welcome in the 6mm world !

We make the same as you 5 years ago... leaving 15mm to 6mm!

And We got many period in 6mm at this times !

As write Captain Brockman, choose the rule for 6mm you like and buy the figures !

But be carrefull... you will turn back!!!

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Mortis
Standard User
Mortis
1st Sep 2023 09:06:58

I just want to echo what Jon1066 said about WW2. Awhile back I got a few 'sample' packs to see what they were like (some jeeps, hanomags, and 3.7" AA guns - IIRC). They were lovely sculpts but unfortunately they were way bigger then my existing stuff (a mix of H&R, Scotia, Skytrex, 2d6, GHQ, CinC). It's possible I made an error in my maths but I think I calculated that the scale of a Baccus Hanomag was circa 1/250th.

Of course, as you're started out that shouldn't be an issue as Baccus enough different models that you should be able to get a well-rounded battlegroup (be it German, British, American, or Russian).

Another caveat is that you're currently 'limited' to late war armies. No doubt over time, Baccus will expand their rang to cover early and mid war, North Africa, Pacific etc.

To finish on a positive, Baccus also import the amazing Flight Deck Decals to adorn your vehicles with.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
2nd Sep 2023 05:47:35

Surely NOT the Crimean War!... LOL...  sorry had a dinner in between... I mean GO for a FULL covered period (meaning all the minis and packs you need in production!)... and if need be use a painting service!.  I am an ACW nerd myself and do not need anything but Baccus. (even if for aesthetic reasons have some Rapier too... they do mix well). Carry on and don´t look back!

PM bartorzech2
Standard User
bartorzech2
8th Sep 2023 05:04:37

I want to update by saying I just bought into Ancients because someone in a community I was in was giving away his Baccus miniatures so today I went ahead and finally bought additional stuff (bought armies!). Once I get all those painted up and experience 6mm ancients I'll be sure to jump into WW2 at 6mm scale, seems fun as well!

PM peter
Administrator
peter
11th Sep 2023 07:50:37

There must have been some parallel thinking going on, as just as this thread was chatting about Ravenfeast, I was putting the finishing touches to this: https://www.baccus6mm.com/catalogue/EarlyMedieval/Ravenfeast-1066/

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM SJ
Standard User
SJ
13th Sep 2023 02:36:52

I would agree with Jon1066 on the 6mm apperance of an empty battlefield, and the compliment of 1/300 ships and boats that allow all-arms action.

Some items from other manufactures do" blend".  Peter is not doing "jeeps with a tilt" and I find Irregular jeeps with such a tilt have a little scale creep. In the modern era the IM BTR60 and some other AFVs also fit in well.

We await the Baccus Super Six  T-34 !

PM bartorzech2
Standard User
bartorzech2
14th Sep 2023 10:48:58

Ah I saw the Ravenfeast pack sometime after my purchases into ancients. I might later on expand into ravenfeast or ww2 (I like painting what I have before I really start buying into something new.), though at the moment I've told one of my friends about the ravenfeast pack since they were showing some interest in 6mm scale gaming.

PM Enfield53
Standard User
Enfield53
17th Sep 2023 11:51:37

I love ACW.  I base my Baccus infantry figures on 20mm square bases.  The raised detail on Baccus figs make them a joy to paint.

PM diadochi
Standard User
diadochi
18th Sep 2023 07:59:57

For me it's Classical Ancients because I can slowly collect and paint units that can be intermixed over a fairly long time period from the Greek and Persian wars up to the Successors of Alexander the Great.  Once I have enough for this era I will expand to a Republican Roman army to fight against Antigonid Macedon and the Seleucids ... then the Carthaginians ... then Etruscans and Samnites ... !!!!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS