Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
123... 9
> General > General > What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
TOPIC: What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
PM jimbob1
Standard User
What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
jimbob1
22nd Sep 2023 03:09:44

I would purchase any additions to the Colonial range re NW Frontier and Afghan Wars (especially the 2nd). Also Zulus in full regalia as a recent other post mentioned and Ashanti. I agree that many units can be formed by proxies - i have everything from crusader period saracens to WW1 British operating in the Sudan 1880s following a bit of putty and paint conversion - some additional core figures along the line above would be very welcome but i appreciate Colonials may not have the commercial appeal of Ancient or WW2 - Baccus cant produce everything unfortunately!

PM Berggeit
Standard User
Berggeit
23rd Sep 2023 06:33:11

The Late Medieval period could use a couple more units as well:

• Mounted crossbowmen
  • Pavisa
  • Mounted archers
  • Horses and horseholder 

The samurai range misses a couple of units:

• Foot samurai with gun
  • Foot samurai with bow 
  • Civilians
  • Nobori banners (a pack with literally on banners)
  • Attendants
  • Mounted samurai with bow
  • Unarmoured samurai with katana on foot
  • Horses and attendant horse holders

Additionally I would love to see ranges for the Koreans and Ming Chinese to compliment the samurai range and use for the Imjin War. 

PM DBS
Standard User
DBS
23rd Sep 2023 10:08:33

The couple of areas about which I have long harped in the realm of ancients are:

1) a utility figure such as the old Hittite range used to have in the form of the Highland Spearman.  It was a generic Gutian type, but the beauty was a smallish round shield, a spear, a tunic, bare legs, and a simple helmet or cap.  The only similar figure is the Moorish infantry, but they are in more of a skirmish pose.  The old Hittite range figure was ideal not just for Bronze Age, but also non-Celtic Iron Age types, such as Ligurians and Sikels to name just two.  I am hoping that Peter may generate something similar in the forthcoming Assyrian range - my hint would be that, just as with the Hittite and Egyptian ranges, most of the battles fought were not against other Great Kings, but "barbarians" from the mountains and deserts...

2) late antiquity / early Dark Ages Picts and/or Irish.  The Irish might be a single pack, of sword and spear types, maybe two if one added a skirmisher, whilst the Picts might be a couple of packs - spears and skirmishers, maybe cavalry (although proxies are relatively easy here from Celtic, Spanish and Moorish light cavalry codes).  If people insist on a questionable Irish chariot, already exists in the Celtic range...

PM Eivind F
Standard User
Eivind F
23rd Sep 2023 10:23:57

Classical Warfare/The Romans:

1. Artillery (catapults, onager, etc). 
2. More variations of Phalangites and Hoplites - Hypaspists/Argyraspides maybe? 

PM zabarr
Standard User
zabarr
25th Sep 2023 04:37:05

Personally, I'd love to see more variety of poses within ranges as opposed to more ranges. For example, for Napoleonics, while I love the marching pose and the skirmishers, I'd love to see troops standing at attention, troops advancing, and ranked troops firing. Perhaps even cavalry at the charge. I feel like this would add a lot of variety, and would give me a great excuse to get a lot more of them! 

PM Leafs87
Standard User
Leafs87
25th Sep 2023 05:10:00

Oooo! Some great suggestions and requests on this thread. 

• Ancients range - any additions to Ancients will always be welcome. A minor, low priority item, but I'd like to have a generic armed "villager" or citizenry to mix into various armies
  • Seven Years War (FIW) range - I realize this exists, but a few more Native, Canadian, and French skirmishing/infantry firing/melee poses would be wonderful.  
  • Ancient North American/Mesoamerican Native range

I'm sure I'll add to this...

Cheers! 

PM Captain Brockman
Standard User
Captain Brockman
25th Sep 2023 05:39:24

for me I would like to see some none discript  barbarians  hairy coats no shields assorted axes. ( can not say wildings.. due to copyright issues  :-D )

better sculpts on the fantasy range, 

I did think I would struggle in 6mm to cover game of thrones, but Baccus figure ranges  do cover them .. well good enough for me :-D

Valar Morghulis

PM 6mmMaster
Standard User
6mmMaster
26th Sep 2023 04:15:59

I would love to see Boshin war era miniatures. It doesnt even have to be a lot. Maybe one unit of imperial japanese line infantry and one unit of shogunate line infantry. It would also be very nice to see some simple unarmored samurai and troops of the era. Personally I think it would be a very nice range since its still the age of gun powder but there was also a lot of close combat/melee based fighting during this war as well.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
26th Sep 2023 11:02:13

Many thanks for all of the requests/suggestions/demands.   I will do my best to address them all in this post, but there are a LOT of subjects, so I may miss some.  If I do, it’s a case of cock-up rather than conspiracy, and I am sure that you will pick me up on any omissions.

Okay…let’s work through by subject:

Colonial

Specifically NWF.   The problem that I have here is the nature of the warfare.   I cannot see a decent return for the effort required.  You have smaller actions, so gamers would prefer lots of action poses.   The problem is that the more poses/variants/codes required, the more it costs to produce a range.   I can’t see mass sales of Afghans etc.    People may wish to prove me wrong…

Science Fiction

We did have an excellent SF range a few years ago.  The problem was the amount of time and energy required for the ‘world-building’ and context for the range was enormous.  It needed to be a dedicated project in its own right.  In the end, we sold it on to Wargame Emporium for them to develop.

Fantasy

I do want to produce a decent ‘classic’ fantasy range at some stage.  It is definitely in my medium-term planning.

WW2 Pacific

Certainly, but not until I have sorted out Europe 1939-1945

FIW

I’ve no intention of revisiting this project.   All I would do is add extra variants, and the potential sales just would not stack up financially.

ACW

Did any Union troops actually wear the Hardee Hat into action?   The Iron Brigade dropped the frock coat and Hardee hat for more practical campaign kit.

Late Bronze Age

The project is launched and running.  Chariots are definitely ‘in’ for the foreseeable future.

China

Warring states China is definitely on the cards.

The Great Medieval Gap

Yes, it’s there and needs filling. This will get done as soon as I can get the sculptor on the job.

Italian Wars

Oh yes!  Coming soon….

WW1 Bits

Not forgotten, but will come through gradually over the coming months.

Later Medieval Bits

Should arrive when I expand the WOTR range to cover Condotta etc.

Please come back to me if I haven’t addressed your suggestions.    When reading my responses, please bear in mind that new releases are done as a business decision.   Will the returns cover the costs?  Will it be profitable and if so, better or worse than a competing alternative?     I’d love to do lots of niche stuff and variants galore, but I am governed by the harsh rules of profit and loss!

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
26th Sep 2023 08:33:37

Colonial

Specifically NWF.   The problem that I have here is the nature of the warfare.   I cannot see a decent return for the effort required.  You have smaller actions, so gamers would prefer lots of action poses.   The problem is that the more poses/variants/codes required, the more it costs to produce a range.   I can’t see mass sales of Afghans etc.    People may wish to prove me wrong…

The Anglo-Afghan Wars contained battles which were pretty big for Colonial battles - bigger than the Zulu Wars, certainly. The Anglo-Sikh Wars contained some very big battles - Ramnagar & Gujrat were bigger than Omdurman. So plenty going on for the big battle gamer.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS