Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
12... 9
> General > General > What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
TOPIC: What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
What minis or range do you find Baccus need to do?
ironass
20th Sep 2023 10:38:23

I use myself a lot of proxies from Baccus. So this is not a lack of effort in my part at all... but I thought it would be important and interesting to know what others among you think about it! Carry on...

PM Rakkasan
Standard User
Rakkasan
20th Sep 2023 06:21:40

Colonials - Northwest Frontier Imperial, Indian, and Afghan forces, French Foreign Legion/Beau Geste French and North African forces.

Fantasy and/or Sci-fi figure line:  I guess the first challenge would be to identify the rules around which to base the figure line.  Why GamesWorkshop may not be a viable option, the copywrite owners of One Page Rules or Hammer's Slammers: The Crucible may be open to working with a 6mm manufacturer.    

The next two are not figures but related:

Painting Guides:  Ancients and more nations and unit types in the Napoleonic set.

Work with on line creators to create a painting tutorial for other eras similar to the Little Wars TV posted to Youtube for Normans and Saxons (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGyPZnktAgU).

PM Enfield53
Standard User
Enfield53
20th Sep 2023 06:40:33

Sometimes it's incomprehensible all of the ranges that Baccus already do support, so if I'm thinking solely based on what I would buy, it would be WWII US Airborne, Pacific Theater Infantry and Japanese.  

If we're talking brand new lines/periods, then maybe French and Indian War specifically, French Canadians, British Colonials, etc.  But that's pretty niche.  

My main wish list would just be adding a few more bits to the ACW range.  Union infantry in Hardee Hat and Frock Coat, 6 pounders and howitzers (12 and 24 lb) artillery.  

PM peter
Administrator
peter
20th Sep 2023 07:20:33

Nice topic!  I will let a few more answers arrive before addressing the suggestions and letting you know how many fit into our planning.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM DuncanWB
Standard User
DuncanWB
20th Sep 2023 10:37:03

Assyrians, Babylonians, Elamites and neighbours - yes please! 

Chin, Han and 3 Kingdoms Chinese. 

I like the Sumerian royal party and the Pony Wars character sets and I wondered if similar "command" sets might work for other ranges.

And to appease the kids, more high fantasy options. 

Altera Restat

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
21st Sep 2023 07:37:39

It is probably unrealistic to expect Peter et al to produce every fighting figure from Fred Flintstone to an Imperial Stormtrooper and at 6mm the use of proxies with or without minor surgery is usually sufficient. I've managed to fill nearly all the gaps in my ancient armies (including the western Roman archer - so scrub that one Peter) that way.

It is easier to "add to" rather than to "subtract from" so some basic multi-purpose generic figures would be useful across the Ancients range.

Bearing in mind there are other manufacturers who already produce some ranges (e.g. Assyrians) then it would be good to look at something unique. My own  vote goes for North American Natives pre the European invasions.

PM rsjahn
Standard User
rsjahn
21st Sep 2023 09:24:42

Oh well, wishes...

I'm just interested in the battle of Tannenberg/Grunwald  (1410, not 1914) - the medieval range really has a big gap between 12th and late 15th century. The early 100 years war would be equaly problematic, I don't see any useful proxies.

Cheers, Ralf

PM diadochi
Standard User
diadochi
21st Sep 2023 01:13:43

Early 16th Century Italian Wars; Swiss & Landsknecht pikemen, arquebusiers, halberdiers, 2 handed sword, Spanish pikemen, arquebusiers, sword & buckler, Gendarmes, Stradiots, Genitors and artillery.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
21st Sep 2023 04:52:54

Dear Rakkasan,  I just added a post to ZINDERNEUF so you can see BEAU GESTE is really easy to do with Baccus proxies. Cheers! BTW I am glad Peter loved the thread!

PM 34Binari
Standard User
34Binari
22nd Sep 2023 04:57:12

For me, it would be mainly additions to the Great War range - some of which have been mentioned in 'what Baccus is planning to do' but now seem to have dropped off the more recent lists:

German stormtroopers

French tanks - St Chamond & Schneider

Aircraft

Some troops in British steel helmets with French support weapons to act as US troops would be nice.

As for new ranges, I would like to see minis for Napoleon in Italy 1796

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
3rd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by Talbot
3rd May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by jon1066
3rd May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024