Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Looking for Players > Players near Rhyl North Wales
TOPIC: Players near Rhyl North Wales
PM von Kornberg
Standard User
Players near Rhyl North Wales
von Kornberg
22nd Sep 2021 01:01:49

As a "Starter" in 6mm war games I have unpainted as yet Austrian and Prussian SYW Armies. The standard boxed army fro Baccus. However I'll play O Group or Napoleonic. I have used Age of Eagles with 15mm figures but a battle like Mollwitz about 50 to 70 20mm bases per side. (A base being 8 figures in 2 ranks per side.. however I'll play any game that's going.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
22nd Sep 2021 07:06:22

I grew up in Llandudno, where I started wargaming in 1966 with special thanks to Llandudno library for having Don Featherstone's Wargaming (or Wargames - I can't quite remember). About ten years ago, although no longer living there, I discovered that Llanduno had a wargames club. Whether it is still running I don't know, as I now live in the Netherlands, but that may be a place to start.

A little goes a long way

PM Baron Clenawly
Standard User
Baron Clenawly
22nd Sep 2021 12:41:51

Visited Acme Games in Llandudno last week. An excellent shop and well worth a visit. They may have information about Wargaming in North Wales.

PM Gazza
Standard User
Gazza
22nd Sep 2021 05:54:10

Never been myself (I go to Liverpool Wargames Club as I live on the Wirral) but there's Conway Wargames Club in Llandudno. More info here: https://conwaywargamesclub.wixsite.com/conwy-wargames-club

<edit> Assuming that that is up to date!

Standard User
dourpuritan
23rd Sep 2021 09:48:04

It could well be Conwy Wargames Club, unless it was founded by English lads who didn't realise that Conway became Conwy many decades ago. Used to belong to the Liverpool Wargames Association myself until following my European roots last year and moved to a new home country.

A little goes a long way

PM Gazza
Standard User
Gazza
23rd Sep 2021 11:05:52

Had a quick look at the website, it's definitely Conwy Wargames Club not Conway as I as an Englishman had it ;-)

Although they use both spellings in the url!

And yes I meant Liverpool Wargames Association not Club

PM von Kornberg
Standard User
von Kornberg
26th Sep 2021 02:45:38

Thanks all, I've had a look at the website. It seems there are no 6mm games apart from Black Seas. However I'll get in touch with them to see if there is anyone interested in 6mm gaming otherwise I'll see what games rules they are using apart from Black Powder or better yet get them to try 6mm games with a better rule set,

Standard User
dourpuritan
27th Sep 2021 08:00:21

I would have thought any club worth its salt would be happy to have a new member with some fresh ideas. I found that with the FWA and introduced at least one new period and several different rules sets not played at the time.

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04