Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Classical Era Indian Sword Infantry
TOPIC: Classical Era Indian Sword Infantry
PM Buttons
Standard User
Classical Era Indian Sword Infantry
Buttons
7th Sep 2020 12:30:52

Anyone got any ideas for proxies for classical era Indian infantry equipped with swords/shields? For reference my plan is a ADGL list for the Gupta empire the units in question are mixed archers/medium swordsmen without two handed weapons.

PM David Kay
Standard User
Classical Era Indian Sword Infantry
David Kay
7th Oct 2020 08:07:32

I suppose it depends on how precise you want the finished result to appear. My view is that as long as it looks OK at a distance, in a bad light and that I'm the only one who is really bothered then I'm happy. So I tend to go for a basic figure then add the missing bits, which I had printed in 3D for me. For example to produce some guard cavalry with hexagonal shields for my Roman commander, I took the Republican period cavalryman, chipped off most of his original shield and stuck a new one on.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD